“Should have been so much better”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Eagle and Lion Brew Pub - CLOSED

Eagle and Lion Brew Pub
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Georgia
“Should have been so much better”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The Eagle and Lion seems like it SHOULD be a great place. Nice looking exterior and interior, plenty of room, nice bar, etc., but our experience was not a good one. Our waitress had no clue what beers were available, and when asked about some of the beers brewed on site had no input as to flavor, style, etc. This is a brew pub right? One of us finally walked to the bar to see what was on tap as it was indicated the menu may not be current. We ordered a couple of site brewed beers and they were warm, flat and really just not that good compared to other area craft brews. The food we ordered was passable at best, but overall was a little on the greasy side and disappointing given we tried some of the supposed house "specialties". To top it all off one of the members in our party got in a battle with the waitress over what was included in his meal. The menu clearly stated it came with a side which he ordered, but it did not arrive with the meal. When we asked the waitress if the side was coming she insisted it was not included. After going back and forth with her we finally asked if she would please check the menu as we knew what it said on it. She finally came back with the side item and admitted it was on the menu. This alone was fine as mistakes happen, however her sarcastic remark of "yea, you are the expert" was rude and uncalled for. This should have been a good place and we would have liked to recommend it to others searching for a brew pub experience, but that won't be happening.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank scottj3

Zebulon, Georgia
“local pub likes the locals”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Nice beer selection, limited food selection---and not that great. Cute local bar but seems lots of locals hang out there and appears they are catered to as we were left sitting at a table for many minutes before our waitress appeared. Has potential.

• Visited May 2012
McDonough, Georgia
“Never Able to Eat”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I went in one day for lunch and foune only one table that was clean. There were 3 other customers but all of teh tables were dirty. I sat at the clean table for 20 minutes without having anyone come to greet me, take my order, anything. I left.

• Visited August 2012
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“Real ale in Georgia? Yes! At the Eagle and Lion Brew Pub!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

One Sunday my husband and I were searching for something to do and somehow we found the website for the Eagle and Lion Pub. We were so excited to find a brew pub that brewed real English Ale. We spent four years in the UK and have really missed it. It's quite a drive for us - 70 miles one way - but it is totally worth it!
Mark is a superb host and really knows how to brew fantastic English ales! My favorite is the East Griffin Stout and my husband's is the Golden Eagle. Food is a nice mix of British and American dishes. We wish it was closer so we could go more often, but we won't let the distance deter us from visiting at least once a month! Thanks Mark!

• Visited May 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Real Ale... For real!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I traveled over 200 miles just to visit and drink the authentic real ale, served from firkins via beer engines. It was just like being in England. All of the brewed on premise beer is served in imperial pints (20 oz) or half-pints. All beers were to style and exceeded my expectation. If you live anywhere within driving distance of Atlanta, the only other way to get beer this good is to fly to London! By the way, the concise, tidy menu was great. My wife and I shared the lamb ribs to start. They were falling off the bone! Her main course was a fried green tomato BLT with potato salad, a southern delicacy done right. I went traditional with fish and chips and they were amazing. Fried just right, tender and moist. All of our food came out very fast. Oh yeah, the price was great too. The only issue was the staff lacked in professionalism. They were very nice, knew the product and made sure our needs were met; they just weren't overly professiona while doing so. This is really a small issue and wouldn't stop me from going regularly if I lived there.

1 Thank Jocahauck