“So Happy to Have this in Greensboro!”
Review of Mosaic - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mosaic
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Mosaic offers a variety of American Food with Southern and eclectic influences serving Lunch, Dinner, a Full Bar, Outside Dining Area and Private Dinning is available.
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Was nervous to try the restaurant after reading other reviews but we were absolutely blown away. The food was amazing we had the olive appetizer and the pimento cheese followed by the chop salad and the short ribs. It has a great menu for larger crowds who are needing some variety in the cuisine styles, all of our picky eaters were satisfied. We couldnt get enough all of our plates were clean at the end of the meal. The staff was personable, warm and attentive without being intrusive. Will definitely return so happy to have this on the lake!

2  Thank Suzie G

Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

For a place like lake oconee that begs for good restaurants I cannot do more than say this restaurant is:
Excellent! The chop
Salad is divine and I hate salad! Usually. If you are at lake oconee please take it from a good snob like me... GO TO MOSAIC. We don't deserve it. I hope this ace remains a staple here. If you choose to go to the Mexican restaurant or filet... Well you will have missed out. May sound like I work there... No I do not... I am a food snob who has found a restaurant here that I love.
Ben F Windham

1  Thank bigtex7
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We have eaten here at least a half dozen times since they opened and have found them to going to great effort to provide a broad assortment on varied and well prepared dishes. Our personal favorite is the Tiki Masala -- a mild Indian chicken dish with home made Nan. It is as good as we have ever had anywhere and is very reasonable. Their roasted beet salad is absolutely delicious and their salad Nicoise ia also wonderful. Both are available with a choice of fish -- making a tasty and healthful dinner. Their calamari is also absolutely the best in the area.

We were there tonight and I had their skate (fish) special that was done schnitzel style with brussel sprouts, green beans,capers and a light lemon sauce. It was great!! There is no other restaurant in the area that offers the menu variety or interesting choices they do. We have seen their menu evolve since the weeks (now maybe 8 weeks) they have been open and are really impressed with their dedication and quality.

This area is a tough market and people don't often give places much of a chance. Sort of one strike and you're "OUT". As with most places around here the wait staff is a little young and a little new, so it seems from some other reviews that initially there was a clitch or two in service. However, this has never really been our experience and we have found the owner (who is also the chef) and his assistant to be most open to feedback,etc. Also -- most importantly -- we have found the menu choices refreshing, interesting and for the most part delicious. We strongly recommend it!!

HKM

2  Thank Henry M
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This restaurant has all the others beat in the lake area. Every dish we have had is wonderful. The food is fresh and very tasty! I have special diet needs and each time I go the chef makes the accommodations I need. He evens provides the taste and beautiful appearance with the changes! We have eaten here for lunch with a large group, experienced the bar(which we love) with just tapas one evening and dinner another night. Also, went the first evening they had our local favorite singers(Fuzzy and Mike). The bar was packed and provided a fun evening. Every time we go the service is prompt and impeccable. The staff is welcoming and gracious! Can't wait to eat al fresco on the patio! The dining room is separate from the bar area which provides an atmosphere for those wanting to dine with large or small groups! Check out the Mosaic website. It is easy to use and explains everything from happy hour to all food and drink menus and events! Congratulations to the Best Restaurant at Lake Oconee! It is casual dining that gets an A+ rating from me and all of our friends.

1  Thank Pat C
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We decided to try Mosaic given the lack of good restaurants in the area. Having made a reservation we duly arrived on time and were seated at our table immediately. Our server took our drinks order and a young girl came and gave us a glass of water each, that was the last time we were ever offered more water. We sat down at 7:30..and not long after our server took our order. Our friend wanted the fish and were told not to try the trout on the menu ad it was not very good so she chose the salmon. Around 20 minutes later another gentleman who later we found out was the manager, told us the salmon was not very good tonight so could she choose another fish, mahi mahi was the only option left so she chose that.
We eventually got our salads which were tasty. However, nearly 90 minutes later and numerous excuses from the server, and being told the computer was back up so we could have our bill now?? And still not having our food...it finally showed up! By this time we were the only people left in the restaurant in fact the employees were all sitting down eating at the other end of the room!! Our server apologized and offered us more drinks to which my husband and I declined but our friends took up the offer. When he bought the drinks he said he had bought us another drink too. OK I thought I guess that was compensation for the bad service only to be charged for it at the end of the night!!
We need more restaurants here in Greensboro and there are plenty of people willing to frequent them often but poor service like this only deters us from returning and not only that, living in one of the communities here hearsay goes a long long way so if you want returning customers and the best advertising anyone can get is word of mouth you are not going to survive here unless it changes which is a shame. Oh and BTW, your manager nor one came back to our table to apologize, see what's going on or check with anyone were they happy! He needs some serious training in managerial skills as he himself is letting you down.

1  Thank Susan S