“Little Gem...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Little Gem...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Traveling through....great service from Frank and a very good cut of beef...I will Def be back here. Great onion rings as well!

“Great Steak ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I have a dinner and movie night, so we decided to give this place a try. I had the rib eye and it was great. She had the filet and it was heaven (cut like butter)! A little pricey but we'll worth every penny! Don't forget to try their bread and sauce. Great job you guys!

Athens, Georgia
“Anniversary Ruined”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Went here for an anniversary supper with my wife last night and it was an abominable experience. Arguably the worst wait service I've ever run into. Our waitress could have been on drugs or possibly had a personal vendetta against us bug we were there for 3 hours waiting to eat. We literally watched a couple sit down, have a 3 course meal, pay their tab and leave before we received our pre meal salads. It was a painful experience and I really hope people don't patronize a place that would knowingly sabatoge a special occasion like they did. I did not tip the waitress, but I will give you a tip: Don't go to Filet, they will take your money and a lot of your time for not much in return.

4 Thank tgcoop
msfilet, Owner at Filet Steak and Seafood, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
This couple came in very excited about celebrating their 11th anniversary. Filet was busy that night and by the time they arrived, we were on a 30-45 minute wait. They enjoyed drinks from the bar and were seated after 40 minutes(8:21). Our computer system allows us to keep careful records of arrival times, as well as, meal service. They ordered a bottle of Gabiano Chianti at 8:24 and then decided on Calamari at 8:39. They enjoyed the calamari and were served two wedge salads at 9:14. Their order was placed at 9:17, and a medium rare Filet and New York strip were served 12 minutes later. The server checked to make sure their steaks were prepared properly. After checking on the guests, she went to the management very concerned because the mood had turned from celebratory to irritation. This server has been employed here for three years and is very aware of the customer service standards of Filet. The woman got up obviously upset , went hurriedly to the restroom and did not finish her meal. The gentleman, after seeming to be having a good experience, expressed that he wanted the check and would never return. The check was received at 9:39. It is difficult as an owner to respond to a guest that is unhappy in their experience, especially when you are dealing with perception and their personal situations, but Filet is truly sorry that the anniversary was not a happy one. We do however, pay very close attention to all of our guests and do our best to make sure that they enjoy their dining experience to the fullest.
“Ah-mazing to go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We are remodeling and have no kitchen. People can eat only so much zalads and fingerz. Craving a good steak, I spent 15-20 minutes going over local restaurant menus. When I hit Filet, I thought probably overpriced and no to go orders. I called and they were fine with to go. I used their website to review the menu and found exactly what we love-filet! I thought how cab filet be good as a to go order. It was! The proof was in the plastic knives. Steak knives are not something you have on hand when remodeling. We cautiously began to cut and the knife went through like we were cutting butter. And the flavor was amazing. House and Caesar salad, baked sweet potato and broccoli with carrots rounded out the meal. I would definitely recommend a to go order!

1 Thank Terry S
Gray, Georgia
“Wonderful Experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Great staff and best food I've ever had!! Staff was friendly and food was excellent!! Will be back soon!!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are very appreciative to everyone, who take the time to respond in a positive way to a dining experience. It is a reminder to myself, the owner of Filet, the importance of sharing encouraging words to other fellow restaurateurs. Thanks again. Hope you are having a great summer!!!