“Nice Dining Experience”

Filet Steak and Seafood
Ranked #3 of 43 Restaurants in Greensboro
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Modern American choice with a warm vibe spotlighting award winning steaks, craft beers & unique cocktails. Amazing seafood, pastas, salads, and more. Great Food, Great Service, Every Time!
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had lunch once and dinner once while visiting Greensboro. Each time I was with two friends. For dinner, the three of us started by sharing an appetiser dip - bacon, shrimp, spinach artichokes jalapenos, onions and tomatoes blended with three cheeses, served with tortilla chips. I didn't ask my friends about their food, but mine - seafood crepes - was filling and delicious - shrimp, scallops and crabmeat - and plenty of it. For dessert, I had creme brulee, which was well prepared, with a thin, crisp crust and cook custard. All in all, a little pricey, but not at all unreasonable for what we got.

On a separate day, I went with two other friends for lunch. I had a monte cristo sandwich, which wasn't bad but wasn't nearly as good as some I've had. It was basically a surprisingly thick slice of good ham, served on french toast with raspberry jelly on the side. It probably had cheese, but didn't have turkey (which was a little surprising). It had a spicy mustard, which I would have have asked to be omitted had I paid more attention to the menu. It was okay, but a far cry from the Studio Diner in San Diego (my personal high water mark for monte cristo sandwiches). One of us had a hamburger, which he said was excellent. The other had a half rueben sandwich and cup of soup - he said the sandwich was so-so. One of us had their key lime pie, which was reported as excellent and was quickly and completely consumed.

The restaurant atmosphere was very good. Service for both meals was attentive, knowledgable and excellent. Time for food delivery was good, and the food was hot and well presented.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had an enjoyable noon meal today at Filet. The decor is very nice, the server was prompt , attentive and friendly. I had the Monte Cristo sandwich and the seafood bisque. Both were served hot and tasty. My lunch mate had the steak sandwich and potato salad. She was pleased with both. Small crowd for a Saturday at lunchtime but that was Ok with us. Prices were reasonable . Will likely return, maybe for dinner on another occasion.

1  Thank lynne p
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The food was excellant. I had the Porterhouse and it is one of the best steaks I have had in a long time. If you try this Steak house you will not be sad.

1  Thank UATravelerHD
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I recieved a 60 dollar gift certificate from my mother in law. So I decided to order diner for my family of four for carry out. I ordered the Portabella Mushroom Chicken, which was marinated grilled portabella mushrooms, caramelized onions, and mozzarella cheese. I specifically told the server that I was highly allergic to onions, could they please note that on the ticket. I recieved an overcooked piece of chicken, one tiny piece of portabella mushroom, and there were chives all over it. Now I paid 15 dollars for this dish.

I have been married to a professional chef for 12 years and have becomed accustomed to a higher quality of service. Please teach your cooks how to properly cook chicken so that the juices run out when you cut into it. And please teach your cooks that chives are indeed in the onion family. I am getting tired of paying top dollar for food that is barely edible. Step up your game people!

4  Thank Donnie C
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Filet's has moved to a new location within walking distance of the Spotlight Movie Theater. We enjoyed their Ribeye Steak sandwich along with soup for lunch. Both were very good, continuing the quality that Filet's always offered in its previous location. http://www.filetsteakandseafood.com/
1000 Parkside Main, Suite 101, Greensboro, 706-453-2980