“Dissapointing”

Piccolo's Italian Steakhouse
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Linger Longer Rd.
Description: Beautiful freestanding restaurant, minutes from the lake. Your favorite Italian dishes coupled with delicious steaks fresh cut and trimmed in house. Additionally, there is a full bar which is great for happy hour or a quick meal. The wine list is extensive, with Italian favorites from Chianti to Super Tuscans.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Not good at all and just disappointing overall since I went for my birthday dinner and thought I would try something new. I ordered the Chicken Marsala and I received weird chunks of chicken it what seemed to be more of a soup then a actual sauce. For a $16 chicken dish I expect fresh chicken as well, mine tasted frozen and was just not good at all. The Fettuccine Alfredo taste like it has some lemon in it and killed the pasta! Also we arrived at 6:30pm, there was no music, no shades drawn, basically no dinner atmosphere what so ever. I felt like I was eating in a library. No bread to start with or at least your meal should come with a complimentary soup or salad for dinner. From what I gather reading these reviews, customers should be getting the bread so therefore our server missed this! The restaurant was empty so why would we be seated in the bar area with a small child? Just lacking in all areas. If the food was good the other stuff could have been overlooked but it was a terrible experience. I do not recommend this place. We will never return.

1  Thank natalie b

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Staying at the Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation we travelled off site to find better quality, but not expensive food. Piccolos has an extensive menu, principally steaks and pasta, which suited my teenage sons.

The staff were very helpful and willing although a little in short supply. As British people travelling in the US we are so pleased to receive such a friendly welcome and to be served by people who genuinely want to provide the best service that they can ( supported by the desire to be well tipped???)

As we have found in the US the portion sizes are on the large side and the half portion serving here is more than enough. We really enjoyed the opening bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The lasagne was also very good for the price although my son wasn't hugely impressed with his strip steak.

Nice to have a table in the bar area although the relatively high ceilings don't help to make for a good atmosphere.

And yes - for value for money, the food was definitely etter than at Ritz Carlton!

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here several times. The food is great, but the service is slow. If you are lucky, Amanda is the best server by far. The menu offers half as well as full orders which is great! One needs to make server aware to bring salad in plenty of time before meal, so one can have tine to enjoy the salad as well as the entree. Food is great!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is the fourth time that I have been here and I still feel the same about the place. I really like the menu. I also like how you can get half orders. Once we sat outside during nice weather and found it very enjoyable. I have only sat in the bar area of the place since that was the area I liked when it was Filet's. The fireplace is great in the winter. The people are very nice and they try hard but they just don't seem to have their act together yet. Again, the food is very good and they have a great menu to chose from but if you are hungry or in a hurry than you may get frustrated with the wait and that could ruin a nice evening.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went to Piccolo's Sunday June 16th. It's a beautiful restaurant, in the former "Filet" location. To start they had an olive oil and balsamic drizzle with herbs and great crusty bread. The balsamic was a reduction glaze so much, much, much better than I have had at other restaurants. Then we had the fried green tomato appetizer in a wonderful blush sauce.... really wanted to lick the plate- but my manners prevailed. I had the shrimp Puttanesca, and again -wonderful! Everything was so fresh and flavorful. Not sure what the prior poster was talking about on lack of olives-mine had lots. My husband had the steak with eggplant. It was cooked to perfection and very tasty. For dessert we had home made peach bread pudding and Tiremisu. Both again excellent. Joelee was a waitress and was extremely helpful and knowledgeble. It's a good thing we don't live in Greensboro, or we would putting on plenty of pounds. Will we be back- Absolutely!

1  Thank cabinqueen