beautiful resort. probably 1 of the nicest of the ritz hotels we've been to. gorgeous grounds, holiday lights were stunning, and the huge, walk-in gingerbread house inside the lobby was a treat for my 7yo daughter. the resort was quiet and peaceful yet unpretentious. i'm sure it helped, though, that the hotel was low on occupancy during our stay the week before x-mas.
we spent a day on the lake in a brand new pontoon boat rented through the marina - a definate "must-do." also don't miss the nightly smores/hot chocolate bonfire, which was always fun.
our room was on the club level, which also was very nice. awesome breakfast and 4 other food "presentations" throughout the day. although alcohol isn't formally out and openly available 24/7, as it is at most other locations, the club concierge was always happy to get me whatever i requested. a concierge was present in the club lounge all the time, always smiling and ready to help. actually, the staff throughout the property couldnt have been nicer. every single employee had a smile, said hello and asked how we were every time we passed! OK, once i had to wait 3 or so minutes for the concierge downstairs, and once i actually had to open the front door myself as the valet couldnt get to it in time, and once they brought me the wrong car (I shouldve taken it as it was nicer than mine) - but I honestly thought that the service was first rate.
food in the lobby bar was good, and linger longer also was good, but not great. lots of other restaurants to choose from, though, just a short drive from the hotel.
our room was very nice - spotless and nicely done, as was the gym and spa.
all in all - we will return for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 75 miles from Atlanta and the world's busiest airport, a stunning lake shimmers in quiet tranquility. Cradled by verdant hills where pines tower to the sky and eagles dance with the sun, this secluded getaway transports guests to a place far away from daily cares and pressures. It's little wonder the family who formerly owned this land called it Linger Longer. Once here, guests yearn to stay, whether for golfing on championship courses, netting their daily limit of fish, discovering uncommon shops in antebellum towns or enjoying a delightful roster of outdoor activities. Amidst this engaging backdrop, the commanding presence of The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee offers an elegant invitation to meet in the heart of nature. The Ritz-Carlton on Lake Oconee, GA offers guests legendary service highlighted by gracious Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Prestigia, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation Hotel Greensboro
- Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation
- Ritz Greensboro
- Ritz-Carlton Greensboro
- Greensboro Ritz-Carlton