Don't be put off by the drive to the Reynolds Plantation. We came from Clemson, SC through very small towns and mostly 2 lane roads. I find it charming. Buy a fresh peach at one of the roadside stands....delish! Upon entering Reynolds Plantation (it's an entire community, not just a resort) you'll be surrounded by some of the most beautiful property we've ever seen. Tall pine trees, flowering bushes, manicured golf holes and plentiful ponds flank the entrance to the hotel.
As with most Ritz Carltons you feel like royalty with all of the door opening, helpful staff and friendly service coming from every direction. I highly suggest the club level. The hostesses are what southern hospitality is all about. The food was so good we only ate at one other restaurant. They even packed a box of those amazing signature cookies for our drive.
My husband and I are pretty active on vacations. We rode bikes (it's hilly so prepare for a workout), rented a boat and cruised for an afternoon, played golf and hung at the beach. Never did get to the kayaks or fishing but we'll do it next time. It was a little too hot for tennis but did visit the courts and shopped. Most of our time was spent on our balcony overlooking the water reading. It was so peaceful. We'll definitely return with the kids. Fantastic place for the entire family!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 75 miles from Atlanta and the world's busiest airport, a stunning lake shimmers in quiet tranquility. Cradled by verdant hills where pines tower to the sky and eagles dance with the sun, this secluded getaway transports guests to a place far away from daily cares and pressures. It's little wonder the family who formerly owned this land called it Linger Longer. Once here, guests yearn to stay, whether for golfing on championship courses, netting their daily limit of fish, discovering uncommon shops in antebellum towns or enjoying a delightful roster of outdoor activities. Amidst this engaging backdrop, the commanding presence of The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee offers an elegant invitation to meet in the heart of nature. The Ritz-Carlton on Lake Oconee, GA offers guests legendary service highlighted by gracious Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation Hotel Greensboro
- Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation
- Ritz Greensboro
- Ritz-Carlton Greensboro
- Greensboro Ritz-Carlton