“Ritz-Carlton Again Meets Our Expectations”

The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Ga.
“Ritz-Carlton Again Meets Our Expectations”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

After much discussion we settled on the Ritz-Carlton Lodge at Reynolds Plantation as the place to spend our anniversary weekend. We made an excellent choice. First, the RC staff are friendly and helpful. Next, the facilities are superb. The hotel property is wonderfully positioned on the banks of lake Oconee and adjacent to the Reynolds Plantation Golf Club. We didn't play golf but we did make use of the RC spa and we rented a pontoon boat for a relaxing afternoon ride on the lake. After dinner we found two adirondack chairs, at the edge of the lake, and just enjoyed a quiet evening of talking and getting in touch, far from the madding crowd of home. Our room and the service was just what we've some to expect from Ritz-Carlton... excellent. We Highly Recommend the Ritz-Carlton Lodge at Reynolds Plantation.

Room Tip: This hotel is on an inland lake. They have a beach and water activities.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
sc
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

This is great resort to visit with family. We took our three kids and they loved it. The pool and lake are great. We we're give an upgrade upon arrival and what an awesome upgrade it was. Thanks RC. The restaurants are great. We had dinner by the pool one night, and ate at Georgia's the other. Both were good. A big thanks to Travis at the pool, who took care of us both days. If your going to the pool, be prepared. It's a busy place on the weekends. The lake is a nice diversion. We rented a boat, and took the kids tubing which they loved. Our kids loved making their own Smore's during the evening, and playing basketball on the nearby court. Overall, a great trip. We will be back.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank bcw7777
Georgia
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband and I have visited this location for his company's annual retreat for at several years.
The location is beautiful, overlooking a lake with a golf course and spa. The food is always good and the entertainment lively. It is kid and pet friendly. They really dress up the place with lights during the Christmas holidays.
If you are planning a stay, book your spa time before you go. The slots fill up pretty quickly.
Each room has a view of the lake with balcony. Suites are like being at home.

Room Tip: They were doing renovations of the pool area on our last visit, would request room on higher floor...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami Shores, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I am a Ritz Gold Member. I have stayed at numerous Ritz Properties: Orlando Grand Lakes, Key Biscyane, Amelia Island, New York City, Los Angeles, Lake Tahoe, Naples, and Reynolds Plantation. This Property by FAR the worst run I've ever seen. It's truly a shame because it has a beautiful location. The property itself is a little aged but the location makes up for it.

I reserved a lake view suite. I was told that all suites are lake view suites. Our travel companions were told that not all suites are lake view suites. I called again and asked: are all suites lake view suites? I was told yes. I checked in and was given a suite that was not a lake view suite. It didn't even qualify as a partial lake view suite. They finally put us in a lake view suite. To add insult to injury, I was told they would give me a $150 credit on my bill. THEY NEVER DID!!!!! Really? The Ritz can't even get a $150 dollar credit on the bill right. The food at Gaby's by the lake sucks. The service is even worse. We signed up for the vacation portraits. The photographer took our pictures but couldn't even schedule a review until AFTER we left. What a joke. If you visit the area, don't stay at the Ritz. It definitely is not worth the extra money for the Ritz brand because this property doesn't and can't deliver.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank jasona1974
ralph v, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear jasona1974,

Thank you for taking my call this afternoon and while your feedback was difficult to hear, I genuinely enjoyed our conversation. Your points are well taken and I hope to have the opportunity to regain your trust over the Thanksgiving time period.

We look forward to welcoming you back, please don't hesitate to contact me at the resort if I can be of service.

Best regards,

Ralph Vick
Matthews, North Carolina
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Poor services started from very beginning and would not let up, staff doesn't seem to be well trained. Staff at Gaby's would not clear empty glasses or plates from table, they were not attentive. Plates and empty glasses seem to pile up everywhere in area around pool.

Pool area is much to small.

Bathroom was not very clean when we arrived, needed vacuumed. Hair and other debris on floor and in tub.

Bell staff was very slow. Saw a confrontation between another guest and member of bell staff that was shocking. My advice would be to carry your own luggage.

The maintenance of the property was also lacking. Weeds growing in concrete cracks by baby pool. Plenty of other examples, property just seems very worn and not well cared for.

Golf courses were in great shape.

As a Marriott Platinum member I stay in a number of hotels, but won't be back to this property. All of the other negative reviews are on target. Terrible value. I regret coming.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank SETrav
Dear SETrav,

Thank you for your time this morning on the call, albeit under regretful circumstances. Let me once again apologize for your services lapses over this peak holiday weekend and know that we are working diligently to correct them for our future guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, please don't hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of service.

Best regards,

Ralph Vick
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband had stayed here years ago at Christmas & loved it, but we had even more fun with the kids & Summer activities. Yes it was expensive, but service, food, & activities were top notch. We enjoyed the Yolo boards, kayaks, & wave runners on the lake. The infinity pool was refreshing. They had tons of games & activities for the kids to celebrate the 4th. We can't wait to plan our next trip!

• Stayed July 2014
Aventura, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Wow! What a wonderful resort. Everyone is so friendly are the service is exceptional. This Resort also is great for children. The always have some fun activity for them to do. From Jet Skiing, to Segwaying, to Ritz Kids. The'll have a blast. The rooms are roomy and a very pretty. This Ritz Carlton is great and I highly advise you spend your vavction here!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. At night it can be noisy. If you are booked as a club level room don't w...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank HotelsforKids
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensboro
The Lodge on Lake Oconee
Hampton Inn Madison
Hampton Inn Madison
#4 of 6 in Madison
Fairfield Inn & Suites Milledgeville

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee? Share your experiences!