Just returned from a weekend away at the Ritz with my husband and I am so relaxed. The lakeside property is beautiful and serene. We had unseasonably cool weather for our mid-July stay (high of 84 degrees) and that really helped to make the weekend special. We sat at the infinity pool all day long.
1 - Gorgeous infinity pool that overlooks Lake Oconee
2 - The property is clean and very well maintained
3 - Lots of activities, such as wake boarding, jet skiing, biking, boating, etc.
4 - Nice golf course
5 - Pet, couple and family friendly. Lots of kids here, but they kids that were there the weekend we were there, were very well behaved
6 - Food is superb
7 - Service is outstanding. Professional and friendly. We always felt welcomed and appreciated as guests.
1 - Cost. Although the food was excellent, the prices at the spa and restaurants are very high. $145 for a 50 minute massage? No thanks. Meals were quite expensive as well. Breakfast ran us about $50 a day, and dinners were over $75 a person.
2- The Ritz Carlton charges for internet access from the rooms. $10 isn't terrible, but I felt like I was getting "nickel and dimed".This is 2013, not 1997...make internet access free!
3 - $20 a day for parking is ridiculous. We are in the middle of nowhere, so its not like land is at a premium...again, "nickeled and dimed".
As you can see, my only cons have to do with price. A two night stay, including all of our meals on property and parking was close to $2000. Sure, I felt pampered, but that is quite expensive for a relaxing weekend getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 75 miles from Atlanta and the world's busiest airport, a stunning lake shimmers in quiet tranquility. Cradled by verdant hills where pines tower to the sky and eagles dance with the sun, this secluded getaway transports guests to a place far away from daily cares and pressures. It's little wonder the family who formerly owned this land called it Linger Longer. Once here, guests yearn to stay, whether for golfing on championship courses, netting their daily limit of fish, discovering uncommon shops in antebellum towns or enjoying a delightful roster of outdoor activities. Amidst this engaging backdrop, the commanding presence of The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee offers an elegant invitation to meet in the heart of nature. The Ritz-Carlton on Lake Oconee, GA offers guests legendary service highlighted by gracious Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation Hotel Greensboro
- Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation
- Ritz Greensboro
- Ritz-Carlton Greensboro
- Greensboro Ritz-Carlton