New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greensboro
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois
“I don't get how anyone doesn't see its perfection??!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here and had a private dinner at the lake went swimming at ten pm til midnight under the stars and a riding moon all while our beautiful room looked at the lake. We have been to many places before and never treated as well as here. Thank u Jan in concierge you made our trip.!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank billv1976

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to vacation.
The wonderful views, great food, attentive staff. Everywhere we went, we were treated like we owned the place. The room was nice and clean. I will be returning again in future.

• Stayed July 2012
Corbin, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was my second visit to this resort and both times it has exceeded my expectations. First visit was for a wedding and everything was perfect. The second time was for a girls getaway. Everyone went above and beyond to see to our every wish (even bringing in a specialty beer that we requested). The spa was great but what we enjoyed most was just laying my the pool and taking in the beautiful lake. We were on the club level and the food and drinks were yummy. Put this hotel on your bucket list, it's perfect!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have been going to the Ritz at Reynolds Plantation for many years and I recently went for a few days with my wife and daughter. The already outstanding service keeps getting better. The have updated the dining room and the food is fantastic.

The service is always wonderful. From housekeeping to the bell desk all the way to the GM, the staff is top notch. Great job

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

After our recent stay, my husband and I discarded any desire to own our own lake house. Why would we when the Ritz takes care of everything! We dropped our life jackets on the dock and they cleaned the boat. We pulled our yolo board up to the dock, and they dragged it out of the water. They built the fire and had fresh marshmallows for s'mores. They maintained the beautifully landscaped grounds! They even provided a dog in the lobby for our kids to pet. All we did was relax.

The staff is friendly and helpful. The spa is beautiful. The location is very relaxing.

The place is comfortable without being opulent or stuffy. We stayed in a cottage, which we loved. Please note, it was a tad worn. It could use a freshen up. If you are expecting a super comfortable lodge with great service, you will be pleased. If you are looking for over the top luxury, perhaps you might be disappointed. We loved it so much, we are returning next weekend.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

The property was immaculate and just breathtaking. The customer service was outstanding and it seemed that everyone went out of their way to make our day. We were there for our baby moon and truly felt pampered. They even had a gift for the baby waiting for us in our room upon arrival. We cant wait to return! First class getaway!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta Ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Had a golf tournament at Great Waters so I booked a night with the wife here to have a good evening. Let me first say that my wife and I are both in technical sales. We travel for a living and stay in nice hotels and eat good meals all the time. It takes a lot to impress us. And this place blew us away with how great it was. The staff here has perfected the attitude of being friendly and not arrogant. Every thing you could possibly want is here but you could also be left alone if you wanted. We checked in grabbed a beer. Walked to the pool. Water was perfect. Waitress came over immediately with a cup for our beers. No chastising even though we brought a bottle in. Just helped us. Walked over to Gabys. Asked if we could eat in a swimsuit and shirts. "sure no problem". Asked if we could get a table with a view " sure no problem let me clean one". Got a flatbread and the lobster topped hamburger. It was awesome. Finished dinner ordered a couple of drinks and waked down to the water. A chiminea already had a fire and two adirondack chairs by it. Sat and watched the sun go down. View was beautiful. Bedding was great all emenities were in the room. Asked for a late checkout because we are Marriott platinum and they said "of course no problem".
Place was great for couples but kids there seemed to be having a great time. Hotel seemed to have rental jet skis and boats but we did not rent because we have our own. Only negative I saw was 15 bucks for parking. This is not some inner city where land is a premium and you have to pay for a deck. I understand that situation but here They are out in the middle of nowhere and have land coming out of their ears. Just seemed excessive when they are getting their money from you in other areas. I have played all the top courses in Georgia public and private other than Augusta national and I would put Great Waters and Oconee in the top 5 in the state. They are that good. I highly doubt I could ever regret a stay here. My wife's only complaint was "why didnt we stay 2 nights"

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MartinsGa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensboro
The Lodge on Lake Oconee
Hampton Inn Madison
Hampton Inn Madison
#3 of 6 in Madison
Fairfield Inn & Suites Milledgeville

Been to The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee? Share your experiences!