My wife and I stayed at the Lodge for 4 nights over the Thanksgiving holidays...
- Nice property and grounds. Lots to do on site without having to drive. Fishing, Boating, Basketball, Playground, Temporary Ice Rink, Kids Train, Bike Path, Segways, Golf, Spa, Pools (indoor/outdoor).
- Supermarket and Theater right down the street
- Family atmosphere....lots of kids and things to do with kids.
- The spa was large and nice.
- Had a great meal at the Linger Longer Restuarant
- The thanksgiving buffet, while expensive, was great. The food was wonderful, the presentation interesting, and the entertainment fun.
- We were celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary. The front desk acknowledged it when we checked in, but that was it. 4Seasons always puts a card and/or dessert in our room
- Our box bed was not sitting on the bed frame properly. We were too tired to fix when we got back to the room. Staff fixed the following morning.
- Carpet & Furniture is needing update
- They only had live music one night, but the band was good.
- Staff was a little underwhelming compared to other locations.
- No self parking - considering we barely used our SUV while we were there, the $20/day fee was a waste.
Recommendations / Suggestions
- Spring for the lake view rooms if your looking for a more quiet vacation. I got a garden style room hoping for an upgrade, but apparently the lake rooms were full at checkin. Our room sat on the Ritz train path side. The train ran at select times. The train sound effects became annoying after awhile when we sat on our balcony or left the door open. Same goes for the other side of the building and the ice rink. The ice rink plays loud music.
- Book resturant & spa before you arrive. Granted this was a holiday weekend, but the Spa and Linger Longer Restaurant were nearly fully committed when we arrived.
- Become a Ritz Card member. You get free internet & room upgrade if avaliable.
All in all, we would return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 75 miles from Atlanta and the world's busiest airport, a stunning lake shimmers in quiet tranquility. Cradled by verdant hills where pines tower to the sky and eagles dance with the sun, this secluded getaway transports guests to a place far away from daily cares and pressures. It's little wonder the family who formerly owned this land called it Linger Longer. Once here, guests yearn to stay, whether for golfing on championship courses, netting their daily limit of fish, discovering uncommon shops in antebellum towns or enjoying a delightful roster of outdoor activities. Amidst this engaging backdrop, the commanding presence of The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee offers an elegant invitation to meet in the heart of nature. The Ritz-Carlton on Lake Oconee, GA offers guests legendary service highlighted by gracious Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Marriott, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation Hotel Greensboro
- Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation
- Ritz Greensboro
- Ritz-Carlton Greensboro
- Greensboro Ritz-Carlton