We stayed for a quick nearby getaway. Since we stayed in '09 there have been a few changes to the area - more shopping, mainly. Hotel is on the lake & still beautiful, with a wood-filled lobby & nicely done grounds & walking areas. We had a 3rd floor resort view room, which looked onto the grounds. We drank wine on the balcony & the view was nice, peaceful. The pool is near their beach so you can swim in either. We ate in Linger Longer restaurant, which I mentioned was a bit chilly & the manager walked over with his own personal suit jacket for me to borrow. An impressive touch of thoughtfulness. The filet & dessert were outstanding & we found a nice red from Tuscany (Monte Antico).
I was very disappointed to find that they've stopped carrying Bvlgari products! No more au the' blanc shampoo or conditioner or lotion..That was a major letdown because I love that stuff, & whatever they've replaced it with isn't as nice & has a nondescript fragrance. But the hotel was nice, service was flawless, and we still enjoyed our stay very much. It would be a nice place to rent a bungalow with a group of people - there seems to be a variety of stay options for business or pleasure. We didn't get a chance to visit the spa but the spa pool is included, which is nice to not be charged extra for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 75 miles from Atlanta and the world's busiest airport, a stunning lake shimmers in quiet tranquility. Cradled by verdant hills where pines tower to the sky and eagles dance with the sun, this secluded getaway transports guests to a place far away from daily cares and pressures. It's little wonder the family who formerly owned this land called it Linger Longer. Once here, guests yearn to stay, whether for golfing on championship courses, netting their daily limit of fish, discovering uncommon shops in antebellum towns or enjoying a delightful roster of outdoor activities. Amidst this engaging backdrop, the commanding presence of The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee offers an elegant invitation to meet in the heart of nature. The Ritz-Carlton on Lake Oconee, GA offers guests legendary service highlighted by gracious Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation Hotel Greensboro
- Ritz Carlton Reynolds Plantation
- Ritz Greensboro
- Ritz-Carlton Greensboro
- Greensboro Ritz-Carlton