“Wonderful Homestyle Food”
Review of The Yesterday Cafe

The Yesterday Cafe
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American
Description: Great southern home cooking- Southern Living named their buttermilk pie best in Georgia.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful Homestyle Food”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have eaten in both the Rutledge and Greensboro locations and both were fantastic. A great place to find home cooked food, see the history of the area, and have a leisurely afternoon or supper meal.

Visited October 2013

Hartwell, Georgia
“Excellent Southern Cooking”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

You must try the fried green tomatoes and fried okra; they're delicious and so crispy. Sweet tea is delicious without being too sweet. Fried grouper was delicious with an extra crispy, light crust. Excellent and friendly service. Fair prices.

Visited September 2013
Aiken, SC
“Nice meal in pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had a very nice lunch at this cafe while in Greensboro for a friend's funeral. The service was very good and friendly. My husband and I had the grilled grouper which was excellent. I had the green beans and squash casserole. The green beans were very good, but the squash casserole was way too cheesy. I could not find the squash. We would eat here the next time we are in Greensboro.

• Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Amazing Flavor”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I recently enjoyed a meal with family while taking a little shopping tour through Greensboro. Someone recommended this cafe when we were in Monroe and we decided to check it out. I ordered a Fried Green Tomato BLC (bacon, lettuce and Swiss cheese) and savored every bite. I got a side of fried okra. It was a lot of "fried" items but I have to say it was a great meal. The bacon was crisp, topped with melted Swiss and crunchy tomatoes. What more could you put on this sandwich??? I highly recommend this place. It was packed at lunchtime on a Tuesday. It is worth taking an hour or two to tour around the main street area with all the antique shops, local history and fresh produce. This would make a nice "getaway for the day" kind of trip...wander main street and stop for lunch at Yesterday Cafe. It is a very friendly town and makes you feel like you are taking a trip back to the old days.

• Visited July 2013
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“Locally recommended - good food”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My parents had YC recommended to them by a local resident in downtown Greensboro after the restaurant where we were going to eat was closed. We walked in and saw a lot of people who were locals. They seated us quickly even as a walk-in party of 6, and our server was very attentive even during the lunch rush. If you like southern vegetables, get the 3 or 4 vegetable plate and enjoy!

• Visited July 2013