“A definately no!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Bordeaux
“A definately no!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

This was a big mistake for us. We were seduced by the low price and proximity to savannah. This was so dirty that I couldn't even sleep one night here. The bed covers were badly soiled and there were crumbs on the sheets. It is in a very dodgy area of town. I felt very vulnerable in this place.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We checked into a decent the building showed in the photograph but that is not where the rooms are. The rooms are in a separate building that has no locks on the doors allowing anyone in. The smell is horrible. When we took off the comforter, the blankets underneath were stained. The worst part was when we pulled the blanket and top sheet down there were PUBIC HAIRS ON THE SHEETS!!! We left and were still charged for the night but took the loss of the $45.

Room Tip: Spend a few dollars more for a nicer hotel closer town.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarcyPurchas

Travelers are raving about these Garden City hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I said to myself "Okay, maybe it's not the nicest of areas, but it's $45.00 a night to stay here and it's an $11.00 cab ride to downtown Savannah, so why not?". Big mistake. I don't even know where to start, so I'm just going to throw a bunch of things your way in no special order. First off, my room clearly wasn't cleaned because there was a soaking wet hand towel on the sink, a soap wrapper, and a used bar of soap on the sink! For real?!?! Then I go to turn on the light in the bathroom. Light bulbs burn out right away. No big deal, I'll just call the front desk and get it fixed. They tell me to come down and get a bulb. I go down and they pull a bulb out of one of the lamps in the lobby, blow the dust off of it and tell me to see if it works and if not to call them back. lol. I go back to my room, pull off the light fixture and screw in the bulb. No go. I call the front desk back to let them know and she tells me that maintenance will bring a bulb up in a minute. After waiting way more than a minute I really just wanted to take a shower without using the flashlight app on my cell phone, so I pull out the two bulbs from a lamp over my bed and use them in the bathroom. Oh by the way, two hours later (119 minutes more than promised) I get a call from the front desk asking me if I still need that bulb. I am not joking about any of this. Oh, that's right... I also went to wash my hands in the one sink (the one mentioned above that had all of the dirty crap on it from the people who stayed there the night before me) which was outside of the bathroom, and the handle came off of the faucet. So I was washing my hands in the bathtub. Oh, yeah, here is the best one! After my shower, the bathtub would not fully shut off, so in odor to sleep and not listen to running water I had to turn on the fan, blast the tv and close the bathroom door! And I'm not talking about a couple of drips, it sounded more like Niagara Falls. There might have been more stuff, but that's all I can think of for right now. Just spring for $20.00 more dollars and save yourself from my experience. Your welcome.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Stopping in Savannah on the way to TN, my boyfriend and I were trying to pinch pennies but also see the city, so we booked here. WORST MISTAKE EVER. As soon as we walked into our building we were hit with the smell of pee. As we entered our hallway it smelled like pee mixed with pine sol. There was a huge stain in front of our door that looked like a cleaned up blood spot. The chair in the room had a very "intimate" stain on it (if you know what I mean). There were no working outlets and our room smelled like a cigarette factory even though it was "non-smoking"; but this would also explain the multiple cigarette burns in the comforter.. There were condoms inside the nightstand and the bathroom area was disgusting. Our neighbors across the hall had like 10 other loud people coming in and out and the hotel did nothing. The first morning we stayed, as we were leaving there were literally 5 cop cars with K-9 units outside our building. The next day we checked out and as I was meeting my boyfriend outside the creepiest, shadiest guy you can imagine followed me all the way through the building and then outside. SERIOUSLY DO NOT STAY HERE. Just pay the extra money to stay in Savannah. You will probably not make it out of this hotel alive. Its terrifying!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Douglasville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

When we approached the hotel, it was obvious we were in a sketchy part of town. The hotel is run down and advertises weekly rates - not a good sign. There is no secured doors into the room area and no elevator. Anyone can wander in. The hallways are hot, run down, dirty and smelly. The rooms are no better. Slow drains, electric outlets non working, broken furniture, and it smelled weird - like smoke, sweat and mold mixed together. The micro and fridge looked as if they hadn't been cleaned - ever. The lobby offered free coffee, but no breakfast. The pool water was cloudy and "residents" were using the pool area as a party room complete with smoking and drinking, loud music and coarse language. The only good point for this hotel is it's 10 min from the heart of Savannah and there are plenty of fast food places close by. Although it was really cheap, 44 bucks a night for 2 rooms for 2 nights, it was not a good value. Sleeping in a nasty rundown room made the trip miserable. Savannah is a beautiful city but this hotel is not worth the hassle. Don't stay here.!

Room Tip: Don't stay here - the place is terrible
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TeamBolden
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

A group of friends and I were looking for a hotel near downtown Savannah, which is the one criterion that this place actually satisfied. You can get from here to downtown Savannah in about 10 minutes. Our stay was generally terrible in most other areas, as detailed below:

Security: NONE! As we walked to our room from the "lobby" -- a totally separate building, which is the strangest thing I've ever seen -- two inebriated men in a sketchy van pulled up and tried to get our attention. They proceeded to park in a non-parking-spot and wait for the next people to bother. We then discovered that you don't need a card to enter the area with the rooms, so any random person can just walk in! Over our time there, we saw several shady characters just loitering around outside the hotel.
Comfort/Amenities: The bed sheets were mostly clean, but both of our rooms reeked of cigarette smoke and were very humid. The shower fixtures were LITERALLY falling out of the wall, and the shower curtain had mold on it. The bed slept like a prehistoric rock, and the A/C unit was quite noisy.
Staff: I'm pretty sure this place doesn't have any cleaning people at all, but the woman at the front desk was friendly.

Overall, our hotel stay left much to be desired. We were not expecting luxurious rooms by any means, but having a clean place where vagrants can't walk in at will would have been a plus. NOT recommended!

Room Tip: Rooms that aren't in this hotel are better!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Willie R
Port Richey, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Cheap place, needs upgrading, and services. Close to downtown Savannah, that's it bright spot. Staff need helpful. Looking for a cheap room its a possibility, looking for amenities go to another hotel

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
The Thunderbird Inn
The Thunderbird Inn
#42 of 112 in Savannah
4.0 of 5 stars 1,181 reviews

Been to Masters Inn Savannah Garden City? Share your experiences!