“Clean Room Awful Service After New Management”

WoodSpring Suites Savannah Garden City
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Savannah, Georgia
“Clean Room Awful Service After New Management”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have lived here since Sept 2012 in a single room. The room is spacious,plenty of storage, stoves, fridge, bathroom was clean without any old buildup. EVERYTHING was fine and I had great customer service from Rick, Sherry, Timothy, and there was also an older man that was the maintenance man. These people made my stay here enjoyable. Old management had it set up where all noisy people was on one side or people with children or couples so it was quite quiet. Once new management came there was loud noises upstairs and next to me as a result of scattered families throughout the building. When I first moved in the maintenance man assured me to give my room an update with no questions asked after raising concern of the slightest detail.The maintenance man always walked around the building, he always helped me with my things or waited for me to get inside the building where I was safe. Rick, Sherry and Timothy always gave exceptional customer service, they were quick/fast, polite, they knew exactly how to handle my accounts and friendly. Every single time I seen these workers they was actually working and they stayed on there p's and q's to ensure the hotel was at its best. Sherry was also part time for room cleaning and never left a mark in my room.The reason I moved out because I went down to the office at my lunch time to renew my card. The new manager was there Dec 2012. She was snappy, slow reaction to anything I said, and seemed somewhat judgmental. All the while all I asked was to renew my cards. About a week after I needed to stow my stuff while leaving town for 2 weeks. I went to the office and Tim did exactly what he should have by charging my card for 2 weeks. While gone on a Monday morning my card was charged an extra stow fee. I did not have to renew my room until Thursday, but I was charged extra time. I get back from my trip on that Thursday and at lunch time I go to the office to renew my card. The new management is there talking to another gentlemen not relating to the hotel. I sat there for about a minute until she asked what I needed. She tells me that I can not renew and I must pay a weeks worth minus the stow fee. I felt I should get a discounted rate because my card was charged without my consent. Instead I got a snappy response and was told I have to pay the entire week of room rent. I decided to wait until I got off of work to deal with this matter to not even deal with her. She adds the week room rent to my balance. All the while I get to my room and I have an unsanitary living conditions warning on my fridge. Before I left for my trip I called downstairs and spoke to the new management lady to make sure that if I left my room the way it was that I would not get it. She told me I would be fine. WRONG! Imagine getting from a trip and working a 10 hour day to come home and have to clean your room because the cleaning service was not notified of this. When new management came new guidelines was posted on everyone's door and a lot of constraints were made. After going thru this I got the heck out of there. I had to deal with her the final day I was there and she was still kinda loopy and snappy. Once I mentioned about posting a comment thats when she started to be nice. I think that place needs a new manager.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank IcyusNakoi
VPGardenCity, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Savannah Garden City, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
We deeply apologize your experience with our hotel was not what you expected. We want our guest's experience to be a pleasant one. We certainly take all of your comments seriously and moving forward will do whatever it takes to make sure our current as well as future guests are treated with the utmost respect and professionalism.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Savannah, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

This place is not in a good area. We never felt safe when outside our room. There were shady characters in the hallways and in the parking lot. Despite what they say there is no "security" of any kind. The security/maintainence/after hours manager vanishes shortly after the office closes. If you need assistance after hours it takes forever and the man is rude. If you want to sleep during the day forget it. There is an auto repair shop and motorcycle shop right next door, and fighter jets from the airforce base fly over. After normal business hours if you need the desk help look outside - they will be out there smoking. They should consider hiring some non-smokers. The only good things I can say is that the place is clean and the rates are reasonable.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 3rd or 4th floor if you don't love the smell of cigarette smoke. It filter...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank RedRocket_69
VPGardenCity, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Savannah Garden City, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review as Guest feedback allows us to gauge how we are performing. Our staff is to provide for our Guest(s) and your issues will be brought to the Team's attention to ensure we are performing our responsibilities and providing the utmost in Guest satisfaction. I thank you for your kind comments to our "clean: property, rooms as we thrive and require such from our Team. I hope future travel to our area will allow you to stay with us once again and see first hand our efforts to provide for our Guest.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

This place is like a jail. Its clean yes, service really lacks in this place! U can never get a person on the phone after 5pm daily 500 or 501 that's a joke. It room someone to answer after dialing several times total of 15 min. And when u get checked in its no change never get anyone on the phone for help. The elevator is smelly and has not been vacuumed in a week. The staff lacks in appearnce nothing like u see in pics or online. There is hidding cost for linens not included in the price! It's no full kitchen. U have a 2 burner stove top and a microwave and sink and fridge. And its cheap stuff. No oven! Nothing special. Would not stay at a place like this again. Even the laundry is a hassle. I will stay at a regular hotel next time worth the extra 80.00 to 100.00. A week!

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank cbpilotcars
VPGardenCity, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Savannah Garden City, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
I would like to "Thank You" for your review as it is of the utmost importance that we hear from our Guest to truly guage how we are performing. I also would like to "Thank You" for your comments on a clean Property. Your issues with not reaching a Team Member after 5PM and not reaching the after hour emergency numbers are not acceptable! We will make certain that our Guests can rest assure that all calls to our Staff will be received/answered and recorded to ensure Guest Satisfaction, for this I apologize. The Guest Laundry was well thought out for our Guests to provide a simple way of taking care of your laundry needs. A Laundry Card is provided for our Guests for their Laundry needs and allows for our Guests not to worry about having coins, carrying coins/cash to take care of their needs. At times Guests wonder how to operate and we are pleased to explain/show them the steps for their needs. I appreciate you staying with us and truly hope your future plans to Garden City/Savannh, Georgia you can allow us the opportunity to show you our sincere desire to provide the utmost in Guest Service.
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

Besides the security guy being really nosey and always in everybodys business. The room cleaning people need a class on how to clean the rooms. From changing the air filter to actually scrubbing the toilet.

• Stayed January 2012
8 Thank Telltruthaboutrooms
VPGardenCity, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Savannah Garden City, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
We truly appreciate your comments and value them. We have been busy working with our Staff to ensure we provide the utmost in Guest Service. I am happy to report on Thursday, March 15, 2012 we had a Hotel Inspection and scored extremely well in all areas with regards to our Property. We shall contiune to follow our process in provoding a "Clean" and "Safe" experience for all our Guests and if your travel needs brings you back to the Savannah area we welcome you and "Thank You" for staying with us!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

Great place for the price. Stayed 5 days, packed in advance for the stay- value place has mini kitchens which allows to cook and refrigerate....a grocery store in just a few blocks away. We stayed in a studio room, 2nd floor. A clean, quiet place with decent cable and heat/ a/c.
We stayed here for the cost VS the cost of regular hotel rooms on tybee island. It's a commute to the island and Savannah tour areas, but worth the cost once you calculate for food and hotel expenses.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank motelguru1989
VPGardenCity, General Manager at WoodSpring Suites Savannah Garden City, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
We appreciate your kind words in regards to your stay with us, Value Place, Garden City, GA. We thrive to provide the utmost in Guest Satisfaction and truly hope that your future travels will have you return to the Value Place, Garden City, GA.

Property Manager
BEST WESTERN Central Inn
#39 of 113 in Savannah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Savannah Historic District / Riverfront
Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport

Been to WoodSpring Suites Savannah Garden City? Share your experiences!