“Food was amazing!!!”

Kiku Japanese Steak House
Ranked #106 of 265 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Food was amazing. Decently priced for amount of food given to you. I do have to say though the waitstaff really is lacking!! Everyone at our Hibachi had to get up and get their own to go boxes and bags. This was our 2nd trip with bad service. Unusually slow also usually this place is packed. Food is definitely excellent tho :)

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Best sushi in North Georgia, worst servers in the world.... Not to be mean but servers in America should probably speak English... With that aside the food is absolutely amazing! Dynamite roll, volcano roll it doesn't matter what you order your going to LOVE it! Not to mention the hibachi!!!! Do yourself a favor and try it out ASAP

1  Thank Ellbyman
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Our daughter loves sushi so we've been here a couple of times...it's the only Japanese restaurant in town. The food is average to slightly above average. Seating and lighting are slightly below average. Our waitress was terrible. We had to get up and find her if we needed something. Not friendly, seemed to not care about our meal or service. This was the second time we've had this waitress and both times she displayed the same attitude, but more so the second time. We are not "demanding customers," in fact are very courteous and tip well if the food and service are good. Needless to say we won't eat here again.

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I had sushi, salad, and miso. No alcohol, and my wife had some sushi as well. I will admit that I ate a lot, but not anything approaching $100 for two. The sushi was at least fresh, but some of the pieces were bland and flavorless. I can say that they were busy, but service was slow and I would be embarrassed to have that as my representation of my best offerings. I will give it a second chance someday when I have an extra couple of hundred to spend on mediocre food and service

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I had been eating here three to four times a month. But after recent price hikes our family of four can't eat here for less than $120. The servers admitted price hikes of 25% on all sushi and rolls.
Also, all hibachi meals, wine, beer were raised too. We all felt the portions were smaller also.
what was a top 5 for us is barely a top 10 any more. We now drive to Buford to save $25 to $40 per meal. Service is average, meals aren't as good as Atlanta sushi places. Oh, watch out for a $7 plate sharing charge!
They know they are it in Gainesville an until they get competition, just watch your wallet.