“We stayed in 10 rooms.”

Hampton Inn Gainesville
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Traveled with a group of 20 women. Upon arrival I immediately noticed that we were in a 'questionable' area of Gainesville. However, the hotel seemed to have security measures in place. The hotel lobby was very nice, staff extremely attentive to our group needs and the rooms were the BEST I've ever stayed in! The bed was to die for, VERY comfortable and everything was VERY clean and fresh. The ONLY con to this trip was the location, however, we did not experience any problems whatsoever..

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
rinap586, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for your critique on Trip Advisor of the Hampton Inn, Gainesville, GA. At the Hampton Inn, Gainesville, we strive to make our guests feel at home with a warm hearty welcome upon arrival, fresh clean guest rooms and always provide you the service that will make you want to return in the future. We look forward to your return to Hampton Inn in Gainesville, GA.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Very friendly staff at front desk and breakfast area. Close proximity to downtown allows walking to/from dinner. Clean Rooms, comfortable mattresses and new workout facility also pluses. Don't forget the hot cookies awaiting your return, each day.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I'm actually writing this review from my room in the Hampton Inn. I booked a reservation a week ago. I'm HHonors Silver member. Normally, when I check in at a Hilton owned hotel, I'm thanked for being a HHonors member and am offered bottled water. Nope. Nothing to fuss over though. This hotel is obviously an older Hampton Inn. The lobby is tiny and everything is dated. I get to my room and the TV doesn't work. I call the front desk and am told they are booked. But he found a room. I pack all my stuff go downstairs and get my new room key. I back up and the room is a smoking room. He could have mentioned this when I called from my original room. I go back to the front desk with all my luggage and that's the only room available. So I'm back in the room with no TV.

No apologies from the front desk. It's take it or leave it. Do yourself a favor and go the Hilton Gardens in Gainesville or even better, the Hampton Inn at Flowery Branch.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DLALLC

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor of Hampton Inn, Gainesville, GA. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. We will be sure to address all issues mentioned. We hope to have another chance to provide a great stay for you in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Probably the best of Gainesville but not all that great. Beds were terrible, A/C either on or off--no consistent temperature. Breakfast was okay, service was excellent. We will look for better if we travel to Gainesville again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel is under renovation and is a decent hotel with great staff. My issue was the A/C which was not operating correctly and confirmed by the staff as not operatijng as intended. The Microwave did not operate properly either. Other than these two important issues the hotel was a typical Hampton Inn. I would not recoommend anyone staying here that wants A/C.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
rinap586, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel has many features that makes it exceptional but the staff is what puts it above others. One lady, Linda was a breakfast hostess. She went above and beyond caring for customers. I saw her take time out to help an elderly couple find a travel route on the computer provided for the customers. It was obvious he did not understand how to use the computer but she did. She pulled up the map, showed him where to go. When she finished, she came back to the breakfast area and continued helping us and others. If I owned the Hampton, I would reward this lady and promote her to a position of training others how to treat customers. By the way, my wife and I got a hug before we left. Will we return, you bet.

Room Tip: Any room would be fine
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a wedding that took place close to the hotel. We had a wonderful stay. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the complimentary breakfast was very good. Everything we needed to rely on, like the wireless Internet connection, worked properly. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Gainesville, GA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
Ramada Gainesville
#7 of 12 in Gainesville
Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Flowery Branch

Been to Hampton Inn Gainesville? Share your experiences!