New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Hampton Inn Gainesville
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Gainesville
“Clean and comfy.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding that my husband and son were in. I was a little worried about what my daughter and I would do for dinner since we were left without a car. Luckily, there is an IHOP right next door so we ate there. The room was clean as well as the bedding. The beds were so comfortable! The next morning, my husband and son left to get ready for the wedding, so I had to check out for us. While checking out my daughter started whining and my husband called and the lady at the desk heard me saying that our daughter was hungry and I didn't have the car. The lady at the desk gave me a bag of Teddy Grahams for my daughter to snack on which was very sweet of her. We ended up eating at IHOP again. There are other restaurants across the street, but I didn't want to carry my daughter across the busy street. The staff was very friendly and they always greeted us with a smile.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank QT0511
rinap586, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your critique on Trip Advisor of the Hampton Inn, Gainesville, GA. At the Hampton Inn Gainesville, we strive to make our guests feel at home with a warm hearty welcome upon arrival, fresh clean guest rooms and always provide you the service that will make you want to return in the future. We look forward to your return to the Hampton Inn, Gainesville, GA.

Gainesville, GA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Stone Harbor, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our stay was 100% great! It was clean and the staff was wonderful. Highly recommend this hotel. The beds were so comfortable. I love the fact that all the linens, including the duvets are washed after each stay.

Brunswick, GA, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Have stayed several times here. The staff is helpful, accomodations very comfortable, there are good choices available for breakfast. I wish the fitness center was closer, but I actually haven't had time to try it out yet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

rinap586, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, July 25, 2013

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I would return to this hotel if ever in the area. We were in Gainsville for a lacrosse tournament. The room was very comfortable and clean. The staff was helpful. And the breakfast was excellent. Very enjoyable stay.

Montgomery, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

The hotel was slightly older than most I have stayed in, but very nice and clean. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The air conditioner would only operate for 4-5 minutes before cycling off for a period of time, even though the thermostat was set to the coldest setting. The tub drain was slow, and water accumulated during my shower.

1 Thank Dwight L
rinap586, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor of Hampton Inn, Gainesville, GA. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. We will be sure to address all issues mentioned. We hope to have another chance to provide a great stay for you in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Fort Myers, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

The hotel appeared to be fairly new, well kept and attractive. It was nice to be able to walk into a pleasant surrounding. We were visiting long lost friends that we hadn't seen in over 40 years so this was very convenient . Nice to be able to rely on Hampton, for the most part.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I am surprised that Hilton doesn't revoke the license from this property. I have stayed at a few Hampton Inns and have become accustomed to a very nice level of comfort and service at this price point.
This hotel doesn't feel like Hampton Inn, aside from branded signs...front desk staff took few minutes to arrive when we were checking in, then said "yeah just drive around and find a spot...room is there", with a face like he wanted to get back to sleeping.

As others have said, the hotel's backlot is adjacent to a shady neighborhood, and doesn't feel too safe.

Room doesn't feel like a clean, corporate, home-away from home I have come to expect from Hampton Inn. ALthough I asked for a smoke free room, there is a slight smoke smell throughout, possibly because the room is close to the back exit, where people smoke. You can hear toilet being flashed in the room upstairs. Even the beds are not as comfortable as my previous stays at different properties. Everything is at least one grade down (faucet, toilet, TV, even art on the wall and lamps), and thus should not be a Hampton Inn property.

I used points to pay for the night, but even at 10000 points, this is a disappointment. I recommend stay elsewhere. I hope my Hampton Inn experience continues to be as it was prior to this hotel...this one kinda ruins it for me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank arkafon

Gainesville, GA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Gainesville
Holiday Inn Gainesville-Lanier Centre
Home Towne Studios - Gainesville
BEST WESTERN PLUS Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Gainesville? Share your experiences!