“Hotel Hell!!!! Worst I have ever been in!”

Country Hearth Inn & Suites Gainesville
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
franklin, NC
“Hotel Hell!!!! Worst I have ever been in!”
Reviewed April 10, 2010

Lets first start with we arrived late, asked the clerk about the breakfast, he said it was a great breakfast! eggs, waffles, sausage,muffins,bagels, and other assorted items. Wow sounds good doesn't it? got our room key, went to room, room was a none smoking room, but smelled like smoke. Room was old and not well kept, towels were old you could see through them (they don't have to worry about anyone steeling them, thats for sure!) coffee pot had slimey water in it, no cups, no coffee. Went to take shower and it had dirt, hair in shower, back of door had a used plastic shower cap still hanging. Called the desk with our concerns, were told have a nice night ladies! went to front desk in the am to complain, we were told that the owner was not available, clerk was dirty clothed with pain all over him. The best part was the wonderful breakfastf! yeah right! 2 muffins and two defrosted waffles laying on the counter, some juice and coffee. We left. No words can describe this dump, don't waste your money or time. the internet pictures are a lye. I am apauld that he would even rent rooms that looked this bad. the best part of the trip was when we left to go home.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank yankegalfranklin_NC
Rhonda C, General Manager at Country Hearth Inn & Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Under New Mgt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Georgia
Reviewed October 18, 2009

Rooms appeared clean, but one bedspread smelled strongly of urine. For family of 3, maid left one towel and 2 plastic cups. Many lamps but not all had bulbs.
VERY noisy, could hear water and heaters running in adjacent rooms, plus trucks and other traffic from roadway 200 feet away.
Our first morning they had no bowls for cereal, and the next day no milk. There were a few stale muffins and mini bagels, but no butter or cream cheese.The clerk just shrugged when asked about deficits.
Lobby computer not functioning. I usually bring my laptop into a hotel lobby to work after my family falls asleep, but they lock up at 10 PM.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank MagaBenevola
TN/GA/FL
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I arrived late one night and was promptly checked into a room. I arrived into a room that was supposed to have a refrige, microwave and coffee maker. I had a refrige, no microwave and a coffee maker with no coffee (you have to ask the front desk for coffee for your IN ROOM coffee maker). Overall the 1st night there was ok. I decided to stay a few days longer and was then told I would get housekeeping ONCE a week. Didnt think that was a problem until my son spilled something on the bed and I called to the front desk to ask for a new set of sheets. The lady told me that I already had my housekeeping done for the week and proceeded to tell me that my room was cleaned on FRIDAY AND SATURDAY. I told her I knew that it wasnt because I had to ASK for clean towels. The housekeeper came and changed my sheets with no problem. I ask for a fresh set of towels and was given a fresh set of STAINED towels.

I was informed during my stay that if I wanted a fresh set of towels it would cost me $3. Later learned that a guest had ask for a fresh set of towels and was told that he could go to Wal-Mart and buy and wash a fresh set if he wanted clean towels. Sheets are blood stained, yellow and holy. The carpet never was vaccumed while I was there nor was any housekeeping done. I HAD TO TAKE OUT MY OWN TRASH!

I had a guest to stay a night with me and I was told that I was not allowed to have guests.

Left for dinner one night and came back and the light, tv and air conditioner I had left ON was OFF when I returned.

I laid my son in the bed one night and happened to lo0k down to see a HUGE spider! Later seen there was a LARGE crack in the door.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank wcoles
Under new mgt
FStacks100
Reviewed January 12, 2009

I stayed here for two nights over the weekend while in town. I didn't expect much but it was actually a nice place to stay. The staff was very friendly and the room was nice, and clean. I'm surprised to see the negative reviews because I didn't have any problems while I was there. It was a great value for the price. I would stay here again If I'm ever in the area.

• Liked — Good location and the staff is friendly
  • Disliked — There's no pool
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank FStacks100
Franklin, NC
Reviewed October 6, 2008

ok, so my husband & I took a weekend trip with no children and just wanted a room with a jacuzzi suite. We called ahead, it was the closest one we could fine. The friendly front deskman, Ryan, was very helpful. That was the highlight of our stay. We arrived late and if we weren't so tired from the motorcycle ride, we would have stayed elsewhere. The stove in the room was hazordous. The light was on when we entered the room and we tryed fideling with it but got nowhere. The room was dirty, finding long black hairs on everything, including the jacuzzi i had to scrub before i would sit in it. The room was filled in the corner with extra furniture, i guess they had no where else to keep it. Under the door was a good 6 inch gap, letting the cool air in and they removed the air-heat unit and instead of covering the hole in, they put carboard over it. I had nightmares of someone coming into our room from that hole and getting me! When i showered the next morning, we had trouble getting the water to drain.
When we turned in our room key, the owner was in and i told her nicely of what was wrong and her response was, "I'll make note of it." I thought for $146 bucks we spent should have at least recieved some kind of adjustment on our bill to compensate for the unfinished, dirty, hazordous room. Thats ok though, we won't be back! Don't waste your money, Plan ahead! Lesson Learned!

• Liked — The friendly frontdesk guy, Ryan
  • Disliked — Everything Else!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank erbutterfly1
Macon
Reviewed September 3, 2007

I would NOT recommend staying at the Ramada Limited. Our room faced a highway, the noise of which woke me up hourly. And, the room itself really needed sprucing up. Two major problems
were unwashed towels and mold in the shower. Yeech.

• Liked — It allowed pets
  • Disliked — It was a dump
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 10slover
Nashville
Reviewed September 2, 2007

This place was rated three stars on a travel website, but it was sadly run down, and poorly run. (I have contacted that website to complain.) The shower curtain was moldy, the grab bar in the bathtub was loose, where there was also broken tile. Also, there was an old towel behind the door from a previous guest. The furniture in the room was very old and worn out. At the "deluxe" continental breakfast, the juice machine was broken and no juice was provided. I've seen better breakfasts at cheaper motels! Also, our room wasn't serviced the entire time we were there, and when I went to complain about it, I was told that it had in fact been serviced the previous day - they showed me the check off list. Yeah, right. The people staying in the next room also had similar complaints when I talked to them a couple of mornings. Oh, the high speed internet might have worked if the computer hadn't been probably 15 years old. Even if I had a mother-in-law, I wouldn't have her stay in a place like this.

• Liked — cheap
  • Disliked — filthy
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple