“The worst experience I have ever had!!”

Country Hearth Inn & Suites Gainesville
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Gainesville
Miami, Florida
“The worst experience I have ever had!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel is the worst hotel I have ever been in my 44 years of my life. First, the cigarette stench of the non-smoking rooms is as bad as the smoking rooms. Second, after being checked in and unloaded all my suitcases, walked into the bathroom and noticed dirty rags (towels) in the tub. Called the reception desk to inform them, which was 15 minutes after I checked in, to come in and check it out for themselves and they refused to come into the room because she was on a shift change. She offered me another room, but we were so frustrated that we were no longer wishing to stay at the hotel, due to its cleanliness. I asked a refund, but I was refused a refund, because it had been more than 10 minutes since we had checked it. Thankfully, I paid with a credit card, and the credit company refund me the money for being a great customer. I was on a business trip from FL to MA and then to GA. In MA I stayed at the Andover Marriott Residence Inn for 40 days, but it was nothing like this Country Hearth Inn. If you like good service, clean rooms, non-smoking rooms, and a courteous staff, do not choose this hotel at all, you will regret it for the rest of you life.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank fmcasado

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I stopped here on our way back north. Having never stayed in a Country Hearth Inn, we thought we'd give it a try. I asked to see a room before registering. I gave it a quick once over and thought it would be alright. It looked newly painted, had nice pictures, and the vanity in the bathroom was relatively new. My big mistake was not checking the bed. After registering, we carried two bags into the room. My husband spotted a big stain on the bedspread immediately. Upon turning it down, we saw multiple hairs on the sheets! Gross! We checked things a little further and discovered that the whole room was pretty filthy. We returned to the office, asked to have our money back, and were told that if we were in the room more than 10 minutes there would be no refunds. We were probably in there for 11 minutes. The manager was not there so there was no one to talk to about the situation. There was no way we were staying so we just said we'd call corporate headquarters and tell them about our experience. LSS, no one and I mean no one cares. We made several calls, emailed, and even faxed a copy of our receipt to headquarters. No results. We will never see a refund, but we will tell everyone we know to stay away from Country Hearth Inns.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank KBW407
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

I've been to this property once about 4 years ago and was hesitant in coming back. However, I'm glad I took the chance. The property has been overhauled: fresh parking paved, new paint, room furniture and all the fixings. I was greeted at the front desk personally by the manager who said they had taken over the property since 2013. I got a clean and very nicely furnished room at an unbelievable rate. I would recommend checking out the property and at least seeing it before you make a judgement based on some of these other reviews. In terms of location I found a lot of restaurant near it at the heart of Gainesville, GA. Across from police station so if safety if your priority then this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kevin S
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed one night here might as well slept in the car. The room was filthy and when I mean filthy I mean there was a used sex toy behind the bed in between the table and bed. Trash everywhere outside, no shower head, one towel, the phone didnt work, the cable was fuzzy, a half a roll of sand paper for toilet paper. I have had better accomadations in jail. When I brought these things up to the owner he became very defensive and said he was not giving back any money. I never asked for money back, thats what AMEX is for theyll just take it back. Trust me stay in your car, sleep in a dumpster, heck find a nice park bench and save your money but dont stay here.

Room Tip: Run away like your hair is on fire!!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
9 Thank Christopher M
RaniHelenGa, General Manager at Country Hearth Inn & Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Under new management, My name is Rhonda Coleman, I have been a Gm for14 yrs. Give me a chance you would not believe what I have done to this property. I know the property had alot of bad reviews in the past, but come and visit us again and you will see the change.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed here with my husband and 8year old daughter while we waited for our apartment to be ready. Arrived in the room at about 9pm. Walked to the bathroom and felt something crawling on my foot. Turned the light on and roaches went scurrying everywhere! Had to leave to get my husband who was getting off from work. When he was laying on the bed, I pulled the sheet down to discover a nasty brownish black stain on the mattress! My daughter was crying because she felt things crawling on her. They would not give us a refund because of their "no refunds after 10 minutes of check in" rule. That's barely enough time to get your bags outta the car. Like I said, stay away from this place!

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank Jenn12806
Under New Management................ Come and see the change
walton, ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I don't even think I have words for this one. We were coming home from Disney, on our way to the cabbage patch, and had been searching for hours for a room, yes it was labor day weekend and we has no reservations!
We contacted Onstar for their help and after some time they found us a room here.
OMG, you had to go around in the back to get here, it was dark, gloomy, the guy was behind plastic with a little spot open to take your info, after he went out for 3 minutes he returned with a room card... We paid by credit card, and he was worried that we took his pen ( it was 11 at night). We drove to the room, it was all lit up, the curtains were wide open. Couldn't get the door open, even though the green light was on. Hubby was able to twist the handle and got it open. Rugs were worn, holes in some spots. My daughter needed the bathroom, I cleaned off the seat. While she did what she has to , I took a few pictures, holes, dirty door. She came to the doorway and said, mom, there's bugs on here! I immediately went to her, and there were roaches,,, ewwwwe, we took our bags and couldn't leave quick enough, I gave the guy back the key and asked for a receipt stating we didn't stay, he refused. I called Citibank to refuse this charge and they wanted to speak to him and he refused. I had the bank cancel my card, I have never been so horrified by a room. After we left, it occurred to us, that he had gone to the too
To turn those lights on to scatter the bugs.... My advice.. Stay away from this horror show!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank robin09
Under New Mgt, come see the change.
Lexington, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I made a reservation on June 28, 2012. I received a message on July 19, 2012 that my reservation was canceled because the hotel was full. Huh? I called the next day and I was screamed at that he explained this to me on my message. I said the hotel was NOT full when I made my reservation, and if they overbooked, they should have canceled someone's reservation who booked later than me. He screamed at me and hung up. I made repeated unreturned messages over the the next two business days to corporate, who finally talked to me and told me they are but the franchise managers. They offered nothing but suggestions on booking rooms in another hotel, and that Country Hearth did indeed have rooms available, but at nearly twice the rate I originally reserved my room for. Corporate reported to me that they talked to the owner (the one who screamed at me) who reported that I was being very unreasonable so that's why he was never able to explain that the person who reserved the room was not authorized to reserve it at such a low rate, and that the person who did this had been fired. NOT A PRETTY PICTURE!!!!

Room Tip: Don't choose ANY room from this hotel. Country Hearth is only as good as the franchise owner, as...
Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends