“Save yourself!”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Gainesville
Irmo, South Carolina
“Save yourself!”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I reserved a non smoking room. I went downstairs to let the clerk (Bryant?) know that my children & I couldn't sleep in that room. He gave me keys to a room that had a rope tied from the balcony to the door. The A/C did not work & the clerk told us that he would send someone up in 5 mins. We returned to find that it was still hot & broken. I called again & finally someone came up. I was tired & couldn't bring myself to sit on top of their comforter or cloth chairs. I pulled the top sheet down to discover pubic hair with other matter in the middle of the bed. I called around for other hotels but couldn't find one within an hour's distance. They moved me to another room & we went to bed exhausted with no coverings since we couldn't sleep w/ questionable light & dark stains on them. I took a shower in the morning and had to run it since the water ran orange. I came back to my room after a long day to find I was locked out. The clerk was surprised that I didn't know it flooded & my room was changed once again. I was moved to a smoking room that I bought a package of candles to try & neutralize the odor to no avail. I bought towels at Walmart since the hotel's washer flooded my room & made sense to me why the sheets & towels were nasty. They only washed the severely stained linens. I will post photos of my last room. I wish I had the patience to take pictures of the previous rooms. I stayed in a room on the east side (smoking) on the 3rd floor, 365, 165, 170. Please avoid this hotel or at least these rooms!

• Stayed June 2010
Rhonda C, General Manager at Country Hearth Inn & Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Under New Mgt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Gainsville GA
Reviewed May 16, 2011

we had 2 rooms for a week, and left the next day,on our first bedroon,it look fine but when we went to take a shower the shower has dirty towels in it we dint take a shower we could see it had not been clean from the day before,the trash can was not empty, and the room smell, we had to spray it with Lysol, on the 2 room it look llike someone had walk on the pillows with dirty shoes, also the ac was not working, they had to be moved & it was not an easy task, eventually they move them but the room stunk so badly that we had to spray lysol twice before they could get in, the towels so thin you could see thru, and not enough towels for everybody,small towel had a hole in it,now about brekfast not enough sitting place one table against the wall with two chairs only,the milk jug was out with no ice, the frozen waffles ere out on top of counter, not on an tray cereal containers were sticky and little anount on them.the people were not friendly or helpful and the manager is a jerk.will not stay or recomened this hotel

Room Tip: this hotel is one of the worse that have ever seen
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mitzi811
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Stay away if at all possible! My wife and I were there with the rowing crew I coach. We had trouble finding a hotel with availability in Gainesville due to the regatta we were attended but got rooms due to a cancellation. We should have stayed at the next nearest hotel that was almost 30 miles away. The non-smoking rooms smelled so bad our clean clothes smelled terrible the next day after staying there. Our bathtub didn't drain; the toilet didn't flush and the towels were all stained. One member of our party had to move four times in 2 days, once because the laundry room next door flooded her room. Some of my high school kids ran into a couple of prostitutes when they went down to get a snack. The hotel has been "renovated" with a coat of paint that looks nice but it's just a coat of paint. The staff tried to be helpful but there is just so much they could do.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2011
1 Thank scsculler
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Booked the night before we left. Arrived with my 10 year old daughter and found the hotel in the rear of a deserted parking lot. It seemed a little unsafe for a mother and daughter to stay in the location with doors and windows on the outside in the back of a desolate parking lot. I took the key to look at the room . We both agreed it was gross and dirty and felt we would rather sleep in our car than in this hotwl. Later we were told that this location entertains many long term say folks. Asked the desk cleck for a refund or the number of a manger and he said he had no number and could do nothing. On my return home, I contacted the francise director and the credit card processor in order to let them know what had happened. Still I have gotten no correspondence from this firm who obiously has no customer service skills for a chain of hotels. Would not reccomend staying here.

Room Tip: Do Not Do business with this chain
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Generally the hotel environment and service was good. The desk clank was nice and polite.
Breakfast was good. I was happy with the stay and will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Rhonda C, General Manager at Country Hearth Inn & Suites Gainesville, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Under new mgt
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Volunteer for a non-profit and was simply calling to see if they would be willing to comp a room while we were in town. The manager said nobody gets anything for free, and I informed him that we have had many hotels who have been gracious enough to do so. His comment back was "Ha, Good Luck!". Then he hung up.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank fullamsj
franklin, NC
Reviewed April 10, 2010

Lets first start with we arrived late, asked the clerk about the breakfast, he said it was a great breakfast! eggs, waffles, sausage,muffins,bagels, and other assorted items. Wow sounds good doesn't it? got our room key, went to room, room was a none smoking room, but smelled like smoke. Room was old and not well kept, towels were old you could see through them (they don't have to worry about anyone steeling them, thats for sure!) coffee pot had slimey water in it, no cups, no coffee. Went to take shower and it had dirt, hair in shower, back of door had a used plastic shower cap still hanging. Called the desk with our concerns, were told have a nice night ladies! went to front desk in the am to complain, we were told that the owner was not available, clerk was dirty clothed with pain all over him. The best part was the wonderful breakfastf! yeah right! 2 muffins and two defrosted waffles laying on the counter, some juice and coffee. We left. No words can describe this dump, don't waste your money or time. the internet pictures are a lye. I am apauld that he would even rent rooms that looked this bad. the best part of the trip was when we left to go home.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business