“Not as advertised!”

Gainesville Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed June 13, 2012

No wifi in room, no frig, no microwave, not even basic hotel information in room. You get a bed and shower. The "Olympic size" pool they advertise is barely larger than the neighbors' backyard pool. Don't count on any of the advertised amenities. I am not picky but this place was bad.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KMB34963

Reviewed July 22, 2011

Def... not a 3 star...but all in all we made our stay work...I think with better management and a little more investment this hotel can make it! My only concern was the loitering in the parking lot.. I do wanna fell safe when i'm leaving or entering the building . The staff was OK.
So if I had to rate this hotel it would get a 4..clearly you get what you pay for. Lucky for me i'm military so i can survive in these conditions have been in worse! ijs

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank terri3deep
Reviewed June 14, 2011

The pictures online showed it to be a nice room and when we got there the headboard was brokenand it was nasty. there were bugs in the room. The pool was nasty. NEVER GO BY PICTURES. they gave me the wrong idea about this motel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2011

I am currently having to stay at this motel due to cheap bosses and If I could describe it in one word it would be hell. Simply that. No working WiFi. Very horrible customer service. The only people I would recommend this motel to would be drug addicts... but it seems someone beat me to it..
This place should not even be operational!!!! No clue who runs it, who the managers are etc. There is just one maintenance man and from what I can tell he is the best part of this hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!! I WOULD RATHER SLEEP IN MY CAR!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I found the room on Expedia and was attracted by location to hospital and cost. I reserved the room for TWO adults. When we entered the room we found the following:
1/8 roll of toilet paper, 1 towel and 1 wash cloth, no remote control, no ice bucket or cups, a heater that would not turn down or off, We also woke up to lovely water bugs first thing in the morning. I called the desk and insisted that at the very least we be brought more toilet paper. Had we not had an early moring appointment at the hospital and could not get a refund to locate a better place, we would have never stayed!! i have never been so disgusted.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Reserved a non-smoking room on the first floor due to disability. Given a confirmation number on the phone. Upon arrival I was told by this very rude person that it did not matter what I was promised on the phone. They had a room on the second floor and ofcourse the elevator didn't work. It was on the backside of the motel. Very little lighting and a group oif seedy men hanging in the parking area. We are two elderly women and certainly declined the room. Will never step my foot on that property again. I will tell the many friends I have that attend the gospel singings DO NOT EVEN STOP AT THE GAINSVILLE INN AND SUITES.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Where do I start? Without getting too personal, my fiance' came to work in Gainesville and needed a place to basically LIVE while working to avoid a 220 mile commute. I am in school full time and am currently staying in our hometown to do so. So, he picked Gainesville Inn and Suites last week. I paid for a week with the credit card on Thursday. He is much more passive than I am and did not tell me what conditions he was staying in. For the weekend, we were going to do some shopping and spend some time, so I went to stay. When I learned that he couldn't shower because the water was BROWN, I was upset. Then, he had asked several staff members if there was WIFI capabilities before I came up, they said yes there was. Well, NO THERE WASNT! I was FIT to BE TiEd! Needless to say. I had/have very important assignments to complete while visiting and I COULD NOT ACCESS THE INTERNET! BIG PROBLEM! THIS IS MY LIVELIHOOD!
The manager switched us rooms to 'fix' the problems. We had half moved UP a flight of stairs and on another side to find out that the water still had to be run for a period before it cleared up AND STILL NO INTERNET! Luckily, we had not yet moved IT ALL and just went back to the first room that was on the ground/parking lot level to the truck. This is not mentioning that he had been there 2 days already with no refrigerator or microwave. They finally brought him one on Friday afternoon. I NEVER saw a coffee pot and there wasn't even any toilet tissue. I am sure we could have ASKED for these amenities, but I'm sorry, I thought these services ARE (in part) WHAT I already PAID FOR AT CHECK IN.
So, Im thinking $220 took me how long to make? TOO DAMN long to be getting NOTHING...not even an apology....from the management. The manager IS the most unprofessional, incompetent and outright disrespectful 'hospitality' manager I have ever seen, and what a shame. I told her I was upset about the lack of services that I had already paid for. I THOUGHT the business was HOSPITALITY, NoT hostility, but apparently Gainesville Inn and Suites is in a business of their own kind in which I am not familiar. I gave her several opportunities, expressing my unhappiness, to offer SoMeThInG for my InCoNvEnIeNcE, but she acted as if I was trying to GET something FREE or take ADVANTAGE of the HOTEL. I was appalled and not to mention, feeling disrespected.
I asked for her superior's contact information and she said she wasn't "allowed to give it out." She said she had to call them on her personal cell phone and tell them I was complaining. I told her I knew there was A WAY for customers to contact UPPER MANAGEMENT, but she refused me any information. I asked for her name. She said, "WHY?" Said she was NOT going to even GIVE me HER NAME. I noticed the "Manager on Duty" gold sign that all hotels have at the checkout desk and it had NO Name in it. Just like the absence of a name on the Manager Sign, there is an absence of MANAGEMENT in the Hotel.
I am convinced that NOBODY within the Hotel's management (not even an employee) will even CHECK THiS or any of our REVIEWS. It is a shame that this Hotel is still in business. I feel like they are taking advantage of people who do not know that they are not getting what their money is paying for. I will be reporting this organization to SOMEONE if not multiple sources. I am STILL uncomfortable that I ever gave them my credit card information. I will be monitoring these transactions for sure.
DO NOT MAKE THIS MISTAKE!! THIS IS NOT a BARGAIN! They advertise the CHEAPEST rates in town, but they are not, and definitely NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE! The 'manager' asked me, "Haven't you ever lived in an old house before?" (explaining away the brown water to 'old pipes') I said, "Yeah, I have, BUT I didn't PAY for an Old House, I PAID for a Hotel Stay!" She told me to 'take my "little $220" to the Marriott and see how far I get.' WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON ADMINISTRATION??? I AM ANGRY BECAUSE I PAID FOR YOUR INCOMPETENCE! GET OUT OF BUSINESS!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business