“Wayne N. 10 day stay”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Gainesville
Memphis Tn
“Wayne N. 10 day stay”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We are from Memphis Tn and my wife had a heart attack in Ga and had a triple bypass at the Northeast Regional Ga Hospital. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Lanier Centre for 10 days. I was treated like family during my stay. Breakfast was awesome and I decided to try the restaurant for dinner and never ate anywhere else the rest of the time. The food is great and the service was over the top. Robert, Michele, Debbie and the lady that serves breakfast most mornings went over and above what you would expect. All of this made a very long stay out of town like I was home. My wife was able to join me the last 2 days before coming back to Memphis and she said the staff was excellant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Wayne N
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for posting your experience with us. We all hope your wife is making a great recovery and we are glad that you both found the staff here accommodating and I am extremely glad they did everything they could to make your stay the best possible.

Kent Scarbrough

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We never had to drive once we arrived. The hotel is adjacent to a crosswalk that leads into a delightful town square. Breakfast was a free hot buffet. A pleasant night in a pleasant village at the base of the Georgia mountains.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank judyAlabama
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for letting others know that you enjoyed your stay and breakfast with us. We are fortunate to be located at the main intersection adjacent to downtown, so there are plenty of shops, restaurants and services easily within walking distance.

I hope you get the chance to stay with us again soon!

Ocala, Florida
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

First, the biggest plus was the best breakfast I have had at a motel in a long time. The lady attending it seemed to really take pride in her work too, giving us a warm welcome. There are plenty of spaces available for sitting too. There is a very cool lounge, like a classy library too. We didn't use it, but it looked like a fun place to get a drink. The girl who checked us in was very accommodating, letting us get the room a little early so we could leave a bike in the room while we took off hiking. The only draw backs are that the hotel is a little older, there was no hot tub that I saw and the pool water was cloudy. There is a fridge in the room.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Gina A
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
I just wanted to write and tell you thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and that everyone was accommodating. We are very glad to have made your stay a special one.

Yours,

Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel was excellent in every way (clean, well furnished, great at check-in, etc.), except the way the housekeeping staff operates. We were only there overnight and it started with a two ring phone call to wake us Sunday morning at 8 a.m. - no one was on the line. Then starting at 9 a.m. the housekeeping staff started pounding on the door and we had to be rude to them at 9:30 to make them stop. The checkout is 11 a.m. and the hotel computers should be able to tell them who has checked out and who hasn't. This really upset us because we rarely get to sleep in and had our alarm set for 9:30 a.m. Management should fix this right away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rick o
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
As the GM, I have already taken steps to be sure that this does not occur again. We value each guest and want them to enjoy their stay to the fullest!

I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and I apologize for the inconvenience you suffered. Your comments have had an immediate effect!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I absolutely loved this hotel. The service was excellent, the rooms were very clean, the pool was nice and the free breakfast was excellent, eggs made to order! I will definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2013
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. Every comment is important and taken very seriously. We hope that you will get the opportunity to visit our hotel again and enjoy our hospitality.

We look forward to seeing you!

Auburndale, Florida
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Bathroom falling apart; hole in the Ceiling, Hairs in the shower and not from your head, Unidentifiable Nasty stuff on the wall by the bed. The free breakfast stop serving @ 9AM. We got there late at night and didn't notice these things till the next morning .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank vic n
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact me so I check on the room you stayed in and correct these problems. This is not the type of experience we are looking to provide and I will make every effort to make sure it is not one that is repeated.

We wish you could have made it for breakfast. It does end at nine on Monday through Friday and at ten am on Saturday and Sunday.

I will be more than happy to resolve this with you, I am available at the hotel, feel free to call or email me. kent@lcgvl.com 770-531-0907.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The motel location is great and that's it. There was no buffet breakfast. There's a train that comes through from 4 to 6 am. The ice machine area on the 2nd floor was nasty looking. The pool was closed.

Room Tip: Rooms away from E Butler should be quite, but don't get a room near the A/C system either
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Please feel free to contact me. I wish we had the opportunity to repair the door latch while you were here, I would have had it done immediately for you.

I honestly wish that I could prevent Urban sounds, but trains, traffic and sirens are a part of being in downtown. We do the best we can to minimize how much they disrupt our guests, but that is city life to some extent.

The Complimentary Breakfast is Cooked to Order, so there is no buffet. We like to provide a more personalized service that way. It is still a free, full, hot breakfast with bacon, eggs, sausage, biscuits, toast, grits, potatoes along with a continental bar with fresh fruits and cereals.

I would love to discuss your stay and see what I can do to make you want to come back with us! We are here to provide the best stay for each and every person possible!

Kent Scarbrough
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
#2 of 13 in Gainesville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Gainesville
Home Towne Studios - Gainesville
Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites

Been to Ramada Gainesville? Share your experiences!