“Stay Here Only If You Have To!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramada Gainesville

Ramada Gainesville
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Gainesville
“Stay Here Only If You Have To!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Gave this hotel an average rating only because the restaurant was good for dinner and had very good service. Otherwise, was pretty bad. Vendor machines for bottled water were either empty or broken on all floors, front desk said it wasn't they're problem. The room was stuffy when we arrived and had a strong and overwhelming bleach smell that didn't go away. Bedding was worn out and thin, we woke up twice to put the mattress sheet back on the mattress.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KAKLSMDJ
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear KAKLSMDJ,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am happy to know that you had a pleasant experience at our restaurant. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on this day, particularly with the room accommodations you received. Rest assured your comments have been taken note of and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for review.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Jersey
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I spent the Labor Day wknd visiting friends in the area. This hotel was a pleasant suprise. Most of our friends were staying elsewhere (I won't say where but the reviews were horrid) but I am a Priority Member and I try to stay at HI when/if possible. This place is very clean, decent pool (needs a good cleaning), nice lounge, spacious rooms, comfy beds, and EXCELLENT made-to-order breakfast (I was very impressed). Plus, the hotel staff, especally the wait-staff, were fabulous! I would (& will) stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
I am glad you both enjoyed your stay! It is always our goal to make sure that every single guest is as happy as you were.

We look forward to your getting to stay with us again.
Texas
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a couple of nights while my mom was in the hospital nearby and found it to be comfortable with big, spacious rooms and comfy beds. The only compalaints we had were 1) The second floor hallway smelled greasy almost like hydraulic fluid and seemed and felt a bit worn. 2) Not enough pillows on the bed. We had a King bed and it only had 4 small pillows when we checked in. They brought 2 more upon request, but I just thought a bed that size should have had more or bigger pillows. But, other than these minor issues, I would recommend this hotel to most anyone.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kent S, General Manager at Ramada Gainesville, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I wanted to thank you for staying with us while your mom was in the hospital. We provide a custom rate to help those that have family at the NE GA Medical Center.

Thank you for mentioning the conditions during your stay. We were doing some maintenance on equipment located on that floor, that may have accounted for the hydraulic smell. I will work to minimize this if we do similar work in the future.

The number of pillows is mandated to us by the Holiday Inn franchise, but if you ever need more, the staff will be glad to provide you with extras!

We hope you will get the chance to stay with us in the future.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

The staff is very friendly and courteous. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The free breakfast is the best I have had at a hotel in a long time. The only complaint I have is I could hear noise from cars from the highway. I would stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your review! We hope you do get the chance to come back!
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Very friendly staff! Room service was great, and the Margarita in lounge was top notch. Highly recommended hotel!
Rooms were very clean, and even the night audit guy was awesome. Ive stayed at the other hotels in town, and this Holiday Inn is by far one of the best I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed July 2012
It is always nice to hear from an 'avid traveler' that they enjoyed their stay. That is how we get to learn if we are doing it 'right' for the guests!

Thank you for staying, we hope you get the chance to come back and see us again!
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn in Gainesville, GA while going to pick up my son from summer camp. They had remodled since the last time we stayed there and I was impressed with the new lobby and the landscaping near the pool area. The room we got was average. It was clean but still looked outdated. When we got up to the room, we immediately noticed that the TV remote would not work. I called the front desk and they sent up a handyman who replaced the sensor on the TV. We asked him how to change the screen ratio since it was a wide screen TV and had those irritating black bars on top and bottom. He said that it was a HDTV and you cannot change the screen ratio. I begged to differ and figured it out on my own after he left. We had a great experience at breakfast both mornings of our stay. The buffet breakfast was fresh and always well stocked. There was a very sweet lady in the corner doing omelets and waffles. The staff in the dining room were very nice. The hotel stay would have been really nice had the pool area not been dirty. For two days I never saw anyone come clean the area. They brought out fresh towels and took out the wet ones; but never cleaned the pool. The new landscaping caused leaves to drop into the pool that my son took it upon himself to fish out so he could swim. There were ants near the tables and chairs so you had to watch where you put your bare feet; and there was a life perserver pulled free of its line. The perserver was in the pool and the line lay on the cement for two days without being picked up. It's a shame to waste such beautiful landscaping with such an unclean pool area. We won't be going back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The Holiday Inn was a great choice for our overnight stay. The rooms were nicely updated, very clean and very quiet. The beds were excellent with lots of pillows to choose from. The bathroom was large with lots of counter space. The complimentary breakfast bar was the best bonus. Only two minor things would make our stay better next time......later pool hours (closes at 9pm) and a minifridge.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Hampton Inn Gainesville
#4 of 13 in Gainesville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Gainesville
Home Towne Studios - Gainesville
BEST WESTERN PLUS Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites

Been to Ramada Gainesville? Share your experiences!