“Very Nice Property”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Gainesville
Beaufort
“Very Nice Property”
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn since I was a kid, but was pleasantly surprized by the Holiday Inn Gainesville.

Prior to making my reservation, I joined the Priority Club for Holiday Inn rewards. Upon check in, I was given a slip for a free drink from the Bar for being a Priority Club Member. I thought that it was a nice touch.

The staff was very friendly and the rooms are nice and clean. The bar is small and can become crowded at times, but it was nice having one in the hotel.

The food at the restaurant was pretty good, and kids eat free.

All in all, this is a very nice property and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SurfCat69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 3, 2011

We stayed here on a recent visit to Road Atlanta, and we couldn't have been more pleased. We're generally budget travelers, but we wanted to step it up a little and stay somewhere with some amenities. The bar / restaurant was very comfortable and very reasonably priced. The food was good! The complimentary breakfast bar provided a nice selection and saved us time and money. The staff (shout out to Becca and Michelle) were very friendly and welcoming. The location was convenient to Road Atlanta, and there is no doubt we will stay here again if we find ourselves back in Gainesville.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We stayed overnight at the HI Gainesville, GA on our way to the GA mountains. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. From appearances the hotel seems geared more toward business travelers to Gainesville (is downtown near major banks, etc.) or local attractions like Lake Lanier rather than thru-travelers like ourselves, but that didn't matter. Our family was treated very well. The facilities aren't fancy, though the lounge area is quite nice (like a library), but the hotel wasn't expensive. We didn't need a lot on our stay, but even if we had I'd rather stay in a place like this where everyone from the front desk to the bartenders are super friendly and helpful instead of somewhere ritzy that is staffed by people who'd rather not be bothered.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank R0bot
az
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Had a confirmed reservation for two nights at $98.00 plus tax. Called and asked to check in a day early which I did. Didn't ask the room rate which was my mistake. Imagine my surprise when I got my bill and I was being charged $143.00 plus tax for one of the nights that was in my initial confirmed reservation for $98.00 . When I checked my on-line confirmed reservations for the extra day it showed another rate. I talked with the manager and was told that because it was a "race week" they were allowed to increase one night of my stay without my knowledge. The manager did lower the $ 143.00 plus tax to $116.00 plus tax. I was at the hotel on Sun, Mon and Tue night and the "race" wasn't even starting until Thur at the earliest. Did contact IHG and was told they allow local hotels to set their own rates, so I would need to talk with the hotel. What a big help since I got my confirmed rates from HIG website.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank offwego-8
Hot Springs, NC
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We stayed here while husband rode in Six Gaps 100-mile bike ride in Dahlonega, 22 miles away. What a nice room...but unfortunately the road makes a great deal of noise. Bring earplugs and you won't notice the road noise. Front desk graciously agreed to move us across the hall at the earliest opening. Rooms are beautifully and tastefully decorated. The staff is WONDERFUL, everything in the room worked, and it really WAS a non-smoking room. WiFi connection is very fast. Definitely I would stay here again, but on the pool side of the building.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Greenville, Texas
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I went to Gainesville, GA to visit a childhood friend that is very ill. I was extrememy surprised at the quality of this hotel. It was clean, compfortable and had a great mattress. As I traveled alone, I was cautious...but felt very safe. Safety was my main concern. If I get back to Gainvesville, I would not stay at another hotel. It was top notch for this city!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank PatyLoRidr
Blairsville, Georgia
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Forget what you know about Holiday Inn (guaranteed mediocracy), this place is wonderful. Not as compared to a 5 star hotel, but for a place to spend a night or two or three, it's way above anyone in its price range. The breakfast buffet is huge, and excellent food. Downtown Gainesville is very quiet at night, so don't let the downtown location bother you. We have stayed there several different times, during house hunting trips and on vacation, and have always enjoyed our stay.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Hampton Inn Gainesville
#4 of 13 in Gainesville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Gainesville
Home Towne Studios - Gainesville
BEST WESTERN PLUS Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites

Been to Ramada Gainesville? Share your experiences!