“Good Food on the Square”
Review of Yellowfin

Yellowfin
Ranked #25 of 265 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great staff, nice owner who is friendly and hands on. Excellent food and not priced out of sight. Great place.

2  Thank Harold P

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Yellowfin has varied seafood menu with option for land lubbers. Also has a fairly decent wine list and gives a good sized pour. We both had seared scallops with risotto. Scallops were cooked perfectly. Servers were very attentive. I would definitely visit again.

2  Thank citidwel
Reviewed May 15, 2014

There are quite a few great items on this menu: the spinach salad, smoked fish spread, seafood broil, campari salmon, and the fish tacos are among my favorites. But I have to admit, we go for the happy hour oysters on the half shell and the peel and eat shrimp. During happy hour they are half price so we order twice as many! Also, I love the hush puppies that they serve with the fried fish baskets.

They also some some great wine selections by the glass and beers available. The atmosphere is conducive to conversation (it's not too loud) and the lighting is just right. Go and enjoy!

3  Thank Joy-traveler
Reviewed April 13, 2014

As a group we go to the Brenau theatre and usually have picked chain restaurants. Last I convinved the group to try Re-Cess which is the sister restaurant of Yellowfin. These retirees all loved it so now this month we tried Yellowfin. The waitstaff was very perfect, food was delicious and we had our own little area so we could chit chat. Thanks for a wonderful time and letting the foodie in me be able to try new ways of preparing food with my friends. I understand from the others that the lamb chops, spinach salads, mahi mahi special and tacos were quite flavorful. Just the right amount of food also. I don't go to a restaurant to get leftovers. I go to eat excellant food prepared different ways.

2  Thank remzterk
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Happy Hour at Yellowfin is awesome. They Have 75 cent peel and eat shrimp done in a ancho seasoning that is fabulous. they also have 75 cent FRESH raw oysters. The Bar also has a nightly drink special. Want a big dinner order their surf n turf. Delicious!

2  Thank sandra O