“Southern Living Magazine adores the Hickory burger”
Review of Hickory Pig

Hickory Pig
Ranked #88 of 268 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed May 24, 2012

nice write up in the june issue, backing up what we have known for years! not only is the bbq first rate but so is eerything else from sides to delivious hickory smoked hamburgers. try one, and you'll be sold for life.

5  Thank Bbqman3341

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I showed up there Tuesday. I was in town on business from Atlanta and had wanted to come here since I read it won Best BBQ in Atlanta from Atlanta Magazine. I got out of my car and went to the door, only to learn the place was closed. As I got back in my car, the owner, Phil came out to the street and, upon seeing the disappointment in my face, said that, while he was closed on Mondays and Tuesdays he didn't want to turn me away hungry and would feed me what he had. Wow - that has never happened in any establishment I've gone to before. Amazing customer service. While I'm waiting for my food, in walks in another hungry (and very attractive) customer. Phil welcomed him into the place too. In the end, we got a great tasting buger, pork, chicken and beef BBQ, a HUGE and AMAZING rib, tender Brunswick stew, banana pudding with a cherry on top, and a Coke, all for the price of $8. While we were there, two more people showed up and Phil fed them too. I can only imagine how packed this place gets when it's open. The food was out of this world and I may make a special trip up there every so often because I not only really enjoyed the food, but I really respect a man who goes above and beyond for his loyal following. If you go, don't be afraid to try everything on the menu, it's all excellent! I think this place could turn a vegetarian into a carnivore.

1  Thank kchoschton
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Horrible food-- really went downhill since the last time I ate there-- fatty meat and greasy and the beans tasted like they came straight out of the can.

3  Thank Kendall T
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I am on a constant quest for great BBQ. I think my search has ended. This place is the real deal. If you like your BBQ with a smoky flavor and moist, you won't be disappointed. The Brunswick stew is great as well. Plan to go back real soon to try the ribs and slaw.

3  Thank dgnoy
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Me and my fiance went there today and it was soooooo good. We drove from Atlanta to get there and boy was it worth it!!! It was voted #1 best bbq in Atlanta magazine and we have been dying to try it. We love bbq and go all over to have it, but this was extra special. We had a little sampler of everything, the ribs are out of this world, and the baked beans are some of the best I've had ever. Pulled pork and briskit, can I say more? If you love bbq you have to take the trip to Hickory Pig. We ate everything! These people know what their doing that's for sure!! All I can say now......I CAN"T WAIT TO GO BACK

1  Thank chris n