“Help yourself and DONT stay here!”

Motel 6 Gainesville
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here thinking it can't be that bad but we were very wrong! The room was not good! First as other reviews have stated, the second floor balcony is cracking and does in fact look like it could fall any second! Inside the room the comforter on the bed had a huge brownish stain on it?! Didn't even sit on that bed thank goodness we had two beds!! The outlets had scorch marks on them which looked like a fire hazard?! And the plastic shower curtain smelled of mildew so bad we wanted to rip it off and throw it away!!! We weren't expecting much from this hotel, we just needed a place for the night while passing through Georgia...but this room was just terrible! We will NEVER be staying here again!! I feel bad for this chain..we tried to give them a chance despite what you hear about them, and now we know why! Should've read the reviews before we stayed here!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stars4dt

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Actually stayed here twice in a week. The desk staff is excellent. The facilities are not. My first stay was for three days. The room was OK, but two things were not good. The door did not close tightly, there was light all around the door. The parking lot has a 25,000,000 watt light that shines on the building OK maybe not that bright, but seemed like it.The light made the room hard to sleep in. That room was on first floor on South side of facility. I asked for another room on my return because of the light.
When I returned, I was on the second floor. The room was like the other one, nothing new, a feeling of cheap, but price is cheap. It was almost funny, but sad. The floors are wavy, there is a dip of 2-3 inches as you walk across the room. The poor construction is very evident as you walk from the stairs to the room. There are waves that you feel. As someone else commented, the stairs feel and look like they could fall at any moment.
If I absolutely had to stay at this hotel, I would get a room on the ground floor in the back and bring a rifle to shoot out the light.
My advice is to spend a few bucks more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank rubyredvette
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Found this Motel 6 very accommodating and a great value for the low rates. Some of the many amenities were free Wi-Fi, and beautiful pool and many premium TV channels. I would stay here again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I drove from Florida to Gainesville with my wife to be with her sister who had just been life flighted there from Bushnell with a 20% chance to live; My brother in law had booked the room and we
were told it was a motel 6. I have stayed in motel 6 before and had actually a very pleasant stay.
We threw our bags in the room and headed to the hospital. We were at the hospital all night and the rest of the next day till dark. I told my wife; I really needed to take a shower and get some sleep. I was dead on my feet, and I know she was. We went back to the room and got ready to settle in and start relaying vital information to extended family. My wife immediately noticed that there was food in certain areas on the walls, and there was a blood stain on one of the towels. I folded down the spread which was multi-bright colored as to not show stains and
the blanket appeared to have, what looked like seimen stains on the blanket in spots. It was like
I was being punked on TV. I called down to the desk and told them I wanted to speak to the manager. The front desk clerk to me the owner was in South Carolina and would be there by 10PM. I told her my story and I would wait for his call. Called again. Called again. I took the spread down to the office and showed the gentleman and lady behind the counter the
stains and they didn`t even respond. I told them I was going to be contacting the Gainesville Hotel and Restaurant assosiation and letting them know what I went through and i am also photographing the stairs leading to our room all rusty and dangerous as well as the large pot hole we actually had to park over in the parking with our car because there was no more space. I almost fell backwards getting out of my car. An older person probably would not be as fortunate. I finally got a call from the desk and they told me we would get our money back for that night, but we had to leave the premises. I`m a patient man. then you kick us out in the night. I`m alerting everyone I can about this filth, and I`ve got photos to prove my story.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Kenneth S
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Front desk personnel were very nice and I'm sure they regreted asking me if I had a pleasant stay. Carpet frayed; beer cans under the bed (not ours); cigarette package under bed (not ours); lamp cord taped together (I'm sure that was a fire hazard); other lamp didn't work at all; lamp shades - nasty nasty. I know it is Motel 6 and I don't expect 5 star amenities but clean is clean and this was bad.

Room Tip: lot of room noise from floor above; if you expect more than a slum room don't stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joye E
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We tried a couple of other hotels and they were sold out. This was our first time at a Motel 6, it was fine, the sheets were clean, the bathroom, towels and shower were clean. We slept and the next morning checked out and left. That is what you expect and need when you are on a long driving trip home. There is a McDonalds and several other places to eat breakfast before hitting the road again. Our little dog stayed for free, that is a big perk for us. Thanks for leaving the light on.

Room Tip: We were located on the the side, away from the traffic.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2011

No frills. But the price was right and it was clean. When you are traveling with no plans and everything around is booked up, this is the place to stay. Management even made a deal on the room AFTER he learned everything was booked up from Cherokee to Gainesville. From what we would tell of the area, it was safe. We didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
The Guest Lodge Gainesville
#4 of 12 in Gainesville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Jefferson

Been to Motel 6 Gainesville? Share your experiences!