“Quality of food and service has fallen”

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #15 of 266 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

When Cheddars first came to Gainesville, it was a favorite of mine. The last time we went, we were seated in the bar. The music was extremely loud, and it was cold and drafty by the window. As soon as the food came, I asked for a to go box, and took my food home. I won't be going back for a while.

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Chedars is 25 to 30 miles from our house so not a likely place to go to often but on the other hand we have many times driven to Gainesville just to eat at Longstreet. We had never been to Chedars because our daughter had tried it some years ago and did not like it. However lately I have heard several others talking about how good the food is and how reasonable the prices are there. Today we decided to give it a shot and we were not disappointed. The menu listed so many yummy sounding dishes that it was really difficult to choose. I saw them pass us several times with homemade onion rings piled high like a volcano. I must come back with someone who likes onion rings as my husband doesn't. The portions were so large we decided that when we came back we would share an entree and add a salad for $1.99 . This would be more than enough for us making a meal for the two of us extremely reasonable. The sweet tea was fantastic and there was always a second glass for each of us on the table. I had a mini desert of red velvet cake and it was yummy yummy yummy a steal @ 99 cents and just the right amount. We will definitely be back!!!

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

The Resturant is large and can accommodate large parties easy. The food isn't anything special; just sandwiches. Most of it is just average but the service is usually a bit weak; nothing awful just not attentive.

1  Thank Ladyleamy
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Cheddar's has been very consistent with their food. There are no surprises. Their portions are very nice and reasonably priced. Coffee is excellent and their service is good. Interior is also very pleasant and there is an outdoor area for eating. It is conveniently located in a good shopping area. This restaurant has become one of our favorites and I don't think you will be disappointed.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I visit this restaurant frequently and have consistantly been pleased with the food and the service. Their specialty are the dishes (shrimp, salmon, or chicken) that have the bourbon glaze. All entrees are reasonably priced and the portions are generous. Service is usually quick and the atmosphere is clean and casual.