All reviewsroom was cleanupon entering the roomthe hotel is pet friendlyoutdoor seatinghardwood floorsdunkin donutshot breakfastfew issuestub areayogurtbiscuits and gravyin townseveral yearsan older hotelchecking incheck in was easymarriage conference
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

The Guest Lodge Gainesville

Gainesville

Great place to visit. Staff is friendly and rooms are clean.

BEST HOTEL IN GAINESVILLE!!!
Staff is friendly and rooms are clean!
General manager is awesome!
I would visit again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Breakfast was SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
‼️☺️

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
GuestLodgeGA, General Manager at The Guest Lodge Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you back at our hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

The staff was very helpful from the moment the reservation was made. Answered all the questions, worked with my company to get all the details for the payment. This was followed by a wonderful check in, cookies, fresh flavored water with watermelon and mint. The room was located very close to the front desk and beyond what I expected. The room was very clean, smelled great, and had a fridge. I will be staying here every time I visit Gainesville for work.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
GuestLodgeGA, General Manager at The Guest Lodge Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to having you at our hotel in the future.

Jay

Reviewed July 25, 2017

I love staying there bc i feel at home there its quite staffing is very nice and Big guy Jay Singh makes sure all his vistor are happy. I just started coming up to guestlodge due to the family i work wit now and everyone there make sure there vistor are comfortable and have everything they need. Thank u Guest Lodge for ur Hospitality and i will continue to come visit and stay there after work bc im pleased with how u treated there. I will b back me and my family again Thank u all for everything its all love from Jarvis Russell

Room Tip: All the rooms peaceful
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business

Glad that you enjoyed our hotel and hope that you will continue enjoying our property for your upcoming stays.

Jay

Reviewed July 10, 2017

This is an older motel (outside entries). I booked based on some good reviews of staff. I expected an older room and building and that is what I got. It was not bad. The room was clean and I slept fine. There was some odors outside the room in the breezeway. Seemed like they were coming from the AC units, but I am not sure.
The staff was not as nice as other reviews made out. When checking in, the clerk was very suspicious of my 12 your old son. He was just browsing the pamphlet stand and sitting on the swivel stools. She kept looking at him and even walked out from behind the counter to see where he was. I am not sure what she thought he was going to do. He was just being a 12 year old and curious to his surroundings. It is not like anything was antiques or anything.
I had a roadside room. I would not recommend that. The vehicle noise was evident when I was trying to go to sleep, but it did not keep me up.
Breakfast was minimal. It ended at 9:30 (weekend). I arrived at 9:00 after a run and found that they were out of sausage. I figured they would refill it. After about 10 minutes I asked and was told it was about time for breakfast to close anyway. Not really the answer i was hoping for.
Despite the above I would stay again it it were only me and my son as it was this time. If my wife was travelling with us, I would choose a more reliable location for cleanliness and service.

Room Tip: Request non-raodside room (either pool view or back building)
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
GuestLodgeGA, General Manager at The Guest Lodge Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2017

Glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We will have the issues you had addressed, we take a lot of pride in our property and want to make sure that every guest has an outstanding experience.

We hope to have you have at our hotel soon.

GM

Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

After reading a "couple" negative reviews we were not sure. But, we decided to find out for ourselves. We just spent 4 nights at The Guest Lodge and could not be more satisfied with our stay (unless it was free ;-)). Our King Pool Side room was excellent, bed was great. The room was immaculate clean, everything worked as it should. Breakfast was more than sufficient for the reasonable rates that we paid. We did book about two months early for best rates. If we come back to Gainesville, Ga again this is where we will stay.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give us a wonderful review. 95% of our guests enjoy our property like you did and we are glad to make our guests happy by providing a great value for the money, a clean property and excellent service.