“Very Clean”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Havelock, NC
“Very Clean”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The room was a little dated, but was very cleaned. Breakfast was very good. The price for the room was very good. The front staff was very nice and freindly. The rooms air conditioner was a tad loud but it kept the room nice and warm, Over all a great value for your money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
LanierInn, General Manager at The Guest Lodge Gainesville, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival and we want every guest to be a return guest.

We are glad to hear that our services were appealing to you. We will look forward to having you back at our hotel in the future.

Jay S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This motel is arguably the best dollar value in Gainesville. The property is beautifully maintained, the rooms are spacious, attractive, comfortable are really clean. Upon check-in there was a mix up with the reservation, so the desk staff moved me to an upgrade immediately at no change in rate. Jess, the front desk manager was friendly, efficient, and took a genuine interest in making my stay pleasant and comfortable. This facility exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
LanierInn, General Manager at The Guest Lodge Gainesville, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the words of kindness. Our goal is to make sure that every guest leaves satisfied and we are glad that we did our job. Running a clean property takes team work and our team at GuestHouse Inn is always excited about keeping up our product.

Hope to see you in the future!

Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Drove up for the Petit Lemans recently and found this place. This hotel isn't brand new, but it's like a classic car that has been kept up, like a hotel should be.
The rooms in the courtyard are very nice; and being able to sit outside and enjoy the Georgia weather was pleasant. The amenities are that of a modern hotel, Flat-screen tv, Pillow-top mattresses,wifi access.. yet there is a touch of class and character given by the age of the property.
The hot breakfast was a plus, but the breakfast area got pretty crowded.They should look into additional seating in this area. The selection of nearby restaurants was pretty good, and I was only minutes from Lakeshore Mall, movie theater, and parks.
All and all, this hotel is a solid A.. with a few minor tweaks it could easily be an A+

Room Tip: Nicer amenities in the Poolside rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
LanierInn, General Manager at The Guest Lodge Gainesville, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind words. We try to be as original as possible while keeping the prices as reasonable as possible. Our goal is for the value to exceed the price paid by the guest.

We look forward to having you at our hotel in the future.

Jay
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here last weekend for Petit le Mans. I was treated very well by the staff, they were helpful with answering any questions or taking care of requests I had. Breakfast was delicious and the property was well maintained. I will definitely stay here next year and recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest,

Hope to see you in the future!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed October 20, 2013

A friend and I just stayed at this hotel. We decided at the last minute to go to the Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta. I just checked their rates for Friday night of next week, one week after our stay and the rate is $63...we paid $109, before tax and everything else. We were 16 miles from the track...slightly over charged. When we walked into the room we both said "what's that smell". Don't know what it was but it was like they were trying to cover up another smell. We did notice multiple rooms where the people had one or more dogs with them...just wondering!!?? Water pressure in sink and shower were poor. Also when I booked the room my reservation said poolside but we didn't get poolside.
When we went to the drink machine they were out of everything but Coke. We went to the front desk to ask about the ice machine, location, and tell them they were out of drinks. A gentleman behind the desk said he had some Sprite and would sell us a bottle at $2.00, the cost from the machine. Typically I've paid 75 cents to a dollar for that size drink at other hotels. Doubt if I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
LanierInn, General Manager at The Guest Lodge Gainesville, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the feedback. Our rate for the weekend of races and fall festivals had been $109 from the beginning of the 2013. I am sorry if you have some confusion with the rates at your end.

The soda machines are not serviced by us. It was reported that we were out of some sodas so I went out of the way to buy some and have the soda in stock behind the front desk as to not cause a hassle to our guests. The price we were charging for the soda bottle $2.00 was in line with what the vending machines charge.

We hope that you give us an opportunity to serve you in the future.

Sincerely Yours,

Jay Singh
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My stay was very pleasant, the front desk was accommodating and the breakfast a great deal. Much more then what I expected. When I needed directions the lady was more than happy to help and even pointed out a couple places that I might be interested in seeing. It's very close to everything which was nice, and I enjoyed the pool, immensely. Overall I would stay here again in a heart beat, the room was well kept and clean.

Room Tip: The pool side rooms are gorgeous, I enjoyed being both close to the pool and not far from my car.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My family and I have been staying here over a month while waiting to close on a home. The staff is friendly, kind, helpful and efficient. Our family all enjoy the well balanced breakfast menu, my children go to school full and satisfied. Staff have all helped us find all we need in the area. It has been a nice start to our move to the Gainesville area.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank seccamack
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
#3 of 12 in Gainesville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Gainesville
Home Towne Studios - Gainesville
Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites

Been to The Guest Lodge Gainesville? Share your experiences!