“Excellent stay!”

The Guest Lodge Gainesville
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here last weekend for Petit le Mans. I was treated very well by the staff, they were helpful with answering any questions or taking care of requests I had. Breakfast was delicious and the property was well maintained. I will definitely stay here next year and recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: October 2013
LanierInn, General Manager at The Guest Lodge Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the words of kindness. Our goal is to make sure that every guest leaves satisfied and we are glad that we did our job. Running a clean property takes team work and our team at GuestHouse Inn is always excited about keeping up our product.

Hope to see you in the future!

Jay S.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

A friend and I just stayed at this hotel. We decided at the last minute to go to the Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta. I just checked their rates for Friday night of next week, one week after our stay and the rate is $63...we paid $109, before tax and everything else. We were 16 miles from the track...slightly over charged. When we walked into the room we both said "what's that smell". Don't know what it was but it was like they were trying to cover up another smell. We did notice multiple rooms where the people had one or more dogs with them...just wondering!!?? Water pressure in sink and shower were poor. Also when I booked the room my reservation said poolside but we didn't get poolside.
When we went to the drink machine they were out of everything but Coke. We went to the front desk to ask about the ice machine, location, and tell them they were out of drinks. A gentleman behind the desk said he had some Sprite and would sell us a bottle at $2.00, the cost from the machine. Typically I've paid 75 cents to a dollar for that size drink at other hotels. Doubt if I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
LanierInn, General Manager at The Guest Lodge Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the feedback. Our rate for the weekend of races and fall festivals had been $109 from the beginning of the 2013. I am sorry if you have some confusion with the rates at your end.

The soda machines are not serviced by us. It was reported that we were out of some sodas so I went out of the way to buy some and have the soda in stock behind the front desk as to not cause a hassle to our guests. The price we were charging for the soda bottle $2.00 was in line with what the vending machines charge.

We hope that you give us an opportunity to serve you in the future.

Sincerely Yours,

Jay Singh

Reviewed September 26, 2013

My stay was very pleasant, the front desk was accommodating and the breakfast a great deal. Much more then what I expected. When I needed directions the lady was more than happy to help and even pointed out a couple places that I might be interested in seeing. It's very close to everything which was nice, and I enjoyed the pool, immensely. Overall I would stay here again in a heart beat, the room was well kept and clean.

Room Tip: The pool side rooms are gorgeous, I enjoyed being both close to the pool and not far from my car.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My family and I have been staying here over a month while waiting to close on a home. The staff is friendly, kind, helpful and efficient. Our family all enjoy the well balanced breakfast menu, my children go to school full and satisfied. Staff have all helped us find all we need in the area. It has been a nice start to our move to the Gainesville area.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank seccamack
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed here with my husband who was fishing in a tournament at Lake Lanier. The room was quite and we were able to park our boat very comfortably. Breakfast was good and the staff is extremely responsive. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for their savannah rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2013

very nice and affordable! 81/2 ft deep pool open til 10pm! Nice staff and quiet neighbors. They will work with you on extended stay pricing. Easy to get anywhere in town. Nice convienent laundry machines and close parking.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank celinabland
LanierInn, General Manager at The Guest Lodge Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the wonderful comments. We work hard and strive to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We will look forward to having you at the hotel in the future.

Thanks!

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Overall the hotel was okay but... Shower sprayed rusty water and tub didn't drain. The hallway was moped with a dirty mop that smelled bad. Beds were comfortable and staff was helpful. Hot breakfast was good but should have included pancakes as an option.

• Stayed: August 2013
LanierInn, General Manager at The Guest Lodge Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback. We will look into the issue with the rusty water, if you would not mind emailing us or calling us with your room number we will like to rectify the issue.

Also we appreciate your feedback on the use of the water while mopping. We have instead started using a small sprayer to clean our side walks and hallways instead of mopping.

Feedback such as yours helps us get better and improve our product.

We are glad that you found our rooms comfortable and will love to have you back at our hotel in the future.

Jay

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
Ramada Gainesville
#7 of 12 in Gainesville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Gainesville
Hampton Inn & Suites Flowery Branch

Been to The Guest Lodge Gainesville? Share your experiences!