“Best Stay Possible!”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Gainesville
Jalandhar, Punjab, India
“Best Stay Possible!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Getting to write a review now. Its been a month since we stayed at the Guesthouse. The rooms are very big and had a microwave and fridge. The breakfast was very good and even though we were with very large group the staff did a great job of keeping everything stocked and clean.

I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Gainesville.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sukhman_Kaur_Sandhu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Looking for a motel about halfway in our trip and that would take pets. Motel was very nice, but showed it's age. Clean room and bathroom with all the extras. Price was reasonable. Took pets, but charged $10.00. That's OK. Had trouble with the TV in the first room and was switched to another room with no questions asked. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank William V
LanierInn, Manager at The Guest Lodge Gainesville, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thanks for your recent review at our hotel. We appreciate your review, next time you are here, please ask for one of our latest rooms with really updated electronic gadgets such LCD TV's and MP3 Alarm Clocks. We have managed to do 50 of our 96 rooms with such standards and are working on the remaining rooms over the course of 2013 and bringing to rooms ahead of technology curve. We look forward to having you in the future and showing you are new upgraded rooms.
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Visiting my teenage son in military school (his mother's decision) and needed a place to stay for a few days. Since this was not business, no need to spurge or impress. Selected this with some apprehension. Well, this place was just fine. I've stayed a dives and holes in the wall as well as the Waldorf Astoria and Fontainebleau Miami. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Wi-Fi worked (not very fast) and the staff made the effort to accomdate my requests. Neighborhood was safe. Many places to eat in the area as well as stores (Publix, Mall. etc.).

I will return again, as I searched and could not find a bargain of this magnitude in a 15 mile radius.

Room Tip: I was not near the road, but in the second building which was also great because the shade prevented...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank NewarkScubaDiver
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Travelling to North Georgia Mountains, these guys are very accommodating and helped us get in a downstairs room since we had a lot of stuff in our car and it was hard to tug it around. Rooms are clean, staff is friendly, and the wifi worked great. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ace S
Alabama
Reviewed October 28, 2012

After a long day of driving, we ended up picking the first hotel we saw off the interstate, which was this one. Little did we know, there are lots of nicer-looking hotels just a little down the road. It's a basic hotel. We had a non-smoking room that smelled of cigarettes but were too exhausted to complain. Beds were not comfy, air conditioner was noisy, room was not overly clean (dirty carpet, hairs in toilet and tub), breakfast was laughable. These are standard complaints for a budget hotel, but we paid $88/night. My husband forgot his glasses when we left. We phoned the hotel about it, asked them to check, and told them we'd pay shipping if they'd return them. I was told to phone back the next day for a manager. I did and was told it would be $30 on top of the shipping fees to return them. What?! I've stayed at much classier places that offered that service for free! I just found that very tacky. They are now the proud owners of a pair of sunglasses and a low class hotel that my family will never step foot in again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
LanierInn, General Manager at The Guest Lodge Gainesville, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good stay at our hotel. We will like to rectify your experience in the future.

As far as the sunglasses are concerned, we still have them in lost in found. The normal shipping charge via Fedex or UPS is approximately $20.00. Unfortunately we do not have the ability to ship you the glasses without an approval from you regarding the expense or the second option we can propose is that you pay for delivery when the goods arrive. Do let us know what you will like us to do with the sunglasses.

Geneva, Illinois
Reviewed October 23, 2012

if you are 'roughing it' and just need a dry place to stay this is probably your place. I waited to long to make reservations for Petite Le Mans and had to settle for this place.I attended the 2012 Petite Le Mans located around Braselton Georgia and stayed in the city of Gainseville about 12 miles from the track. The property is in a good location right on route 53 close to restaurants and the property exterior appearance is good to average. The room was clean but very 'low end' as far as furnishings and amenities. The room did have a refrigerator and microwave which was a plus. I requested a non-smoking room on arrival, very heavy perfume smell in the room probably to cover-up the cigarette smoke. After putting my bag in the room I went to the car to get some other items I noticed someone entering my room. I guess he was ensuring that I turned off the lights when I left because when I got back to the room all the lights had been turned off (Strange). The 'free' breakfast was terrible on the morning that I went to the lobby. The water actually stopped on Sunday morning when I was trying to shower then a few minutes later it was back to full pressure. I guess for race weekend $110 per night is a good price but not for this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear that you had less than a desirable stay at our hotel. The room you had was non-smoking and after investigating what happened with the heavy deodorizer smell in your room, we found out that our housekeeper dropped the spray bottle of English Lavender and unfortunately that left too much of a fragrance in your room. It is the same reason our maintenance man entered your room to make sure that the issue had been corrected. We do apologize for the hassle and will like to offer you one of our newest remodeled rooms for your stay for Petit LeMans in 2013.

Sincerely Yours,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
#7 of 13 in Gainesville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Gainesville
Home Towne Studios - Gainesville
Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites

Been to The Guest Lodge Gainesville? Share your experiences!