“not a great place to go”
Review of Kinsey Family Farm

Kinsey Family Farm
Ranked #5 of 20 things to do in Gainesville
More attraction details
Owner description: Family environment with fall harvest activities including pumpkin patch, barn animals, kids field trips and hayrides. Holiday season pick your own cut and live Christmas trees.
Atlanta, Georgia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“not a great place to go”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My family and I went up there because we heard about it and it wasn't far from home. We were disappointed with the whole place.

2 Thank Angieandtwins

Dawsonville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Terrific Plant Nursery”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I went to Kinsey Family Farm for the nursery plants. The prices, selection and health of their plants is outstanding. I'm glad I found them, I will be going back often!

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Marnie L
Saint Louis, Missouri
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great place”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

We've been there the past 3 years to get a Christmas tree. The staff is very helpful and polite. The trees are a little costly, but the experience of picking it out and cutting it down is worth it!

Visited December 2011
1 Thank floridamom4
Cumming, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful inexpensive place for a fun autumn day”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Wow...We just got back from the farm and this will definitely be a new family tradition. We took our 10m old to pick out his first pumpkin and we got so much more than we were expecting. First of all it is free to get into the farm and we brought a picnic lunch to enjoy overlooking all the soon to be Christmas trees. There is a cute little country store where you can find unusual jams and jellies and they have a concession stand with caramel apples and other snacks. They set up photo opportunities throughout the pumpkin areas. They have all different kinds of gourds and pumpkins that I had never seen before. All different colors, textures and shapes. Our son loved feeding the cows and goats. The laughter was priceless and thankfully we captured it all on video so we will have the memories forever. You can also take a hayride down to the catfish pond where you can feed the fish as well. It was not very crowded on this Sunday afternoon. But I'm assuming as it gets closer to Halloween it will become more crowded. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. They even came up and asked if they could take a picture of our family. They also have cute little wagons for your pumpkins and little kids. Great photo opportunity again. As I stated it is very reasonable, we got 2 hayrides (baby was free) a caramel apple, 2 cups of fish food, food for the cows/goats and it was only $9. We also bought a great pumpkin and they have all different prices from the smallest which I believe were less than a dollar and huge pumpkins. I would highly recommend this place to anyone that wants a nice day to just enjoy their family and beautiful surroundings. We may even go back and pick and cut down our own Christmas tree. This was a great find close to home.

Visited October 2011