“Best of the fresh seafood.”

Atlanta Highway Seafood Market
Ranked #1 of 269 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Don't go for the atmosphere go for the food. Located in the Latino influenced neighborhood you will find a great little restaurant. When you walk in you will see fresh fish on ice(no smell) with a menu on the wall. Pick you pleasure and be prepared to wait your turn for a table. Gumbo is all I can tell you.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We went early on a Saturday evening and waited in line to place our order, then waited for a table. It was worth the wait. The shrimp were perfectly fried. Can't say much for the ambience, but the food is excellent.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Best hush puppies I've had! Scallops and shrimp were fried to perfection.
Onion rings were awesome too! We went for lunch and it was,packed. Always a good sign! Took home shrimp and grits for dinner excellent even warmed over!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have taken my wife and kids to 49 of the fifty states and have tasted all cuisine. This restaurant is the best for the money and freshness of the food and the ambiance. I have never gotten anything at this place which was not just finger licking good. They steam the seafood or fry it however you want it cooked and it is all finger licking good. It does get really packed during the day but the wait is sooo worth it. The prices are amazingly cheap. I fed the entire family for about 70 dollars including nice 20 percent tip. It may not look like much from the outside but the line out the door speaks volumes.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

While visiting my sister in GA over the 4th of July Holiday, my husband said he was in the mood for some really good seafood. My sister suggested Atlanta Seafood, saying it was the best seafood she has every had, so with that we headed across town. It was pretty busy when we arrived but parking was pretty good. You order first then find a seat and they bring you your food. They offer a wonderful selection of both fresh fish and seafood to go as well as amazing fresh prepared dishes. I was soooo excited to see frog legs on the menu I actually let out a little yelp, which my husband promptly proclaimed, they must have frog legs on the menu! And they did not disappoint, lightly dusted with corm meal and sauteed in garlic...was awesome! My husband got the daily special which was Etouffee over grit cakes and topped with grouper chunks. They sauce with just wonderful with a little spicy tingle. My sister got the calamari which included the tenticals( the best and most flavorful part)! My brother in law ordered the largest bowl of gumbo they had and I have to admit it was the BEST gumbo I have ever had, even better then my own recipe. Ad my father order the grilled catfish with caramelized onions,...soooo good! My husband finished is meal(which was a lot of food) then went back and ordered the Gumbo! Told my sister, I would move here for this place!!