“Loved the hotel, disappointed in the pool”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Gainesville
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were coming into town for an event that we were attending in Helen. However, we wanted a hotel with an indoor pool and this was the only hotel within an hour of Helen that was available with an indoor pool. This was the main reason that we did not mind driving so far out of our way, because my kids really wanted to swim. So we get to the hotel, check in and immediately change into our swimsuits, and run down to the pool all excited to play in the water. However, once we got into the pool area, we dip our feet into the water only to find out that it was freezing cold! Because of this we did not get to play in it at all while we were there. Totally frustrated, I went to the desk to ask them why it was so cold and the only response I got was, "it's suppose to be warm" without so much as an apology. Had I known this before booking, I would have not driven almost an hour out of our way and just stayed somewhere closer to Helen that didn't have a pool since we weren't able to get into it anyway.

I will say that other than the pool issue, I enjoyed the rest of the hotel. The hotel smelled and looked clean, and the rooms were really nice and modern. I also loved that the room had a pull out sofa bed so I was able to have my own bed without having to share with my kids. The breakfast was nice, but the breakfast area was very small and cramped. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
R P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to serve you on your recent stay. We do apologize that the water temperature was not correct. We hope that you will stay with us on your future visits and look for to seeing you again. Thank you for your business and feedback.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We moved hotels after starting out our weekend at Lanier Inn and Suites. Lanier Inn and Suites was such a terrible hotel that we could not stay more than one night! After making a reservation at Lake Lanier Suites we called and requested an early check-in so that we could leave the other hotel as soon as possible. I spoke with James and he was so friendly! He told us to come as soon as we could and he would get us in our room. He had everything ready by the time we arrived. The rooms were immaculate and the beds were so comfortable. The staff was so friendly the entire time we were there. Within walking distance of three chain resturants as well! The value for this hotel is outstanding. You could pay almost double for this type of quality at other hotels. Please stay here!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for the feedback on your recent stay at our property especially about our service levels. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future and are committed to the same type quality experience that you had on your last trip

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel.I was in Ga for a seminar I stayed there for 3 nights. The staff were very pleasant the rooms were clean and the breakfast was great. If I ever had to come back to Gainesville Georgia again I would definitely stay here!

• Stayed: September 2013
R P, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for your critique on Trip Advisor of the Lake Lanier Suites, Gainesville, GA. At the Late Lanier Suites, we strive to make our guests feel at home with a warm hearty welcome upon arrival, fresh clean guest rooms and always provide you the service that will make you want to return in the future. We look forward to your return to the Lake Lanier Suites in Gainesville, GA.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed here for one night while attending a veteran's event at the VFW next door. I stayed here last year when it was Comfort Suites. The transition seemed seamless. Same good food and friendly staff; the bed was comfortable and the room immaculate. Only complaint is that the bathroom sink was very slow to drain. Did not linger long on the property, but during my short stay it was acceptable. Special thanks to Olivia for helping me get the room I preferred while checking in, and to Jennifer for the speedy service she provided when I check out.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your critique on Trip Advisor of the Lake Lanier Suites, Gainesville, GA. At the Lake Lanier Suites, we strive to make our guests feel at home with a warm hearty welcome upon arrival, fresh clean guest rooms and always provide you the service that will make you want to return in the future. We look forward to your return to the Lake Lanier Suites in Gainesville, GA.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

It Started off great as we checked in we were greeted by a nice smiling young Lady who was very accommodating to our request at check in. we had arrived around 12am . Room was ok smelled little musky bed was nice but to high off the ground. We could hear the guest in the next room snoring all night walls are very thin. Bathroom could use a little work sink VERY VERY slow to drain it filed half way up while brushing my teeth. Breakfast was really adequate and looked very full. If ever in the area again not sure if we will stay here again don't feel it was worth paying $95 + tax.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RebaJButner

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor of Lake Lanier Suites, Gainesville, GA. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. We will be sure to address all issues mentioned. We hope to have another chance to provide a great stay for you in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

It was a nice hotel, clean and pleasant. The bathroom was a bit more rundown, ours having rust leftovers in the tub, but nothing too bad. Staff was kind, as well as helpful. We almost drove past it at first; it was hard to see! The only bad thing was that the walls were very thin. We could hear everything, and often, the people upstairs were so loud we thought they were going to come through the ceiling!!! However, it was overall, a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

No long comfort suites. It's new name is lake Lanier suites. We had a great stay. Staff was great. If you need something to eat its all here and many places you can walk to. They have an indoor pool which was a plus. My only complaint was breakfast. Small selection and even made smaller with the blueberry waffles. The waffles where fine with me but everybody doesn't like blueberry. Have regular waffles and different flavored syrups.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank David T

Gainesville, GA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
Ramada Gainesville
#6 of 12 in Gainesville
Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites
Home Towne Studios - Gainesville

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Gainesville? Share your experiences!