“One of our favorite places to eat in Gainesville, GA!”

Re-cess Southern Gastro Pub
Ranked #13 of 268 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Re-cess is one of our absolute favorite places to eat in Gainesville. The food has always been nothing but delicious. As far as price range, you can get something yummy for less than $10 or you can shoot toward the pricey side and eat for $25. Their fish tacos are one of our family's favorites. We also love their fried pickles and the scallop dish. The staff has always been very attentive. The restaurant has such a neat ambiance as well. We give Re-cess an A+!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I've been dropping by this restaurant just off the square in Gainesville about monthly, and have never had anything that was not delicious, served by particularly attentive and friendly staff. Last night, amidst a huge crowd for the local festival, my wife and I were personally greeted at the door. As the bartender saw us walk in, he disappeared for a moment, then reappeared with an unopened bottle of my favorite scotch (which had not been on the shelf). The waitress came over to take my order, and I ordered their delicious burger, and she recalled from weeks ago that I prefer no bun. When I was complimenting the owner, who dropped by (as always) and telling him how attentive his staff are, he said "I thought you were a stout beer drinker," which is indeed what I ordered months ago before switching to scotch.

The cuisine alone is worth frequent visits, but it is the personal attention that is most amazing!

1  Thank REES C
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Re-cess is just off the square in downtown Gainesville. I've only dined at lunch and had a burger and fish tacos. Both were extremely tasty. The atomosphere is casual and very cozy. The decor is contemporary with exposed brick with dimmed lighting. It's very close to the GA Mountain Center so give it a try if you're coming out for an event. You'll enjoy walking around the square.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Went to eat here at the recommendation of the hotel I am staying at, I fell in love with this place. Great food and the location is awesome lots of things to do around the downtown square.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have been there several times and have always enjoyed the well prepared dishes. Friends/family who were with me also were very pleased. My favorite is the Re-cess Flatbread.
I love the atmosphere...small and cozy, exposed brick walls, contemporary decor and clean. Wait staff was friendly and personable. We'll be back!