“Very Clean”

Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here one night after attending the North Georgia Wine Festival. The room was very clean. Our only complaint was that our in room coffee maker did not work, but we were able to get complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We spent one night at the hotel with a group of about twenty people. Staff was very friendly and cooperative and gave us a complimentary hospitality room. Breakfast in the morning was delicious. Hotel was very clean and the room was more than adequate for our needs. I would recommend it to anyone planning to visit Gainesville. HOWEVER, although we went to the hotel web site to make our reservations, we were directed immediately to Expedia and were unable to contact the hotel directly. Expedia service was less than professional and although I requested an E-Mail confirmation, did not receive it. Expedia does not honor the discounts and perks advertised on the hotel web site and we were unable to claim any of them (AARP discount, Military discount, etc.), making the advertised perks worthless. This makes booking at the hotel a chore and detracts from what is otherwise a really pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Great night stay. Hotel staff was nice and friendly. Hotel room was very clean with little to no odor which is nice with a child with asthma. Ice and drink machines within feet of rooms. Very comfortable feel and cozy. Absolutely loved the indoor/outdoor pool with hot tub set up right beside so I could relax and my child could swim as much as she liked without taking my eye off her. Hotel was very secured no gates to outside from pool area must go through hotel and have room key access everywhere. For me and especially my family we Loved it!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was a beautiful hotel, the staff was very accommodating and I would definitely stay in this hotel should I go back to this area. The amenities were beautiful, room is very clean, very nice breakfast buffet, and was close and convenient for many restaurants in a short distance as well as shopping

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed at this location June 24-26 for 2 nights. Room was clean but an unusually small bathroom although adequate. The problem began after dinner. I walked into the room and could hear a conversation. I thought the radio or tv was left on. After having my wife quiet down, we realized the man in the room next door was talking to his wife on the phone. It was as clear as if he were sitting in the room. We turned on our tv to drowned out his conversation. I'm sure he could hear our tv. Went to bed but was awakened at 6 am as our neighbor turned on his tv and we could hear the local news. Listened for about 30 minutes and then decided to turn our air conditioner on so it could drowned out the tv. We talked to the front desk about the paper thin walls and the noise and they said "sorry" and "we get that complaint a lot". We had the same problem the next morning except it was our neighbors cell phone ringing at 5:30 am and then the tv again at 6am.

So the guarantee to fix the problem or your room is free meaningless. They actually can't fix the problem and admit it is a common problem. Unless you enjoy waking up early or perhaps listening to your neighbors phone conversations, I would avoid this hotel or at least bring earplugs.

There is no free breakfast but they do have free coffee and hot chocolate in the lobby. They had free cookies and granola bars at night. It is in a safe area of the town with 2 restaurants within walking distance. Lake Lanier Suites is also right next door. I would probably try the Hampton Inn on my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed two nights or business. Nice, clean, hospital, comfortable bed, free in-room Internet. Restaurants in walking distance.
A nice find for area business travel. I recommend and will stay again. Noticed that guests enjoyed the facilities and relaxed in the lobby and conversation areas.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is a nice hotel with a helpful staff and is located near several good restaurants. I have stayed at this HGI a dozen times and it is my hotel of choice in the Gainesville GA. area. Rates are competitive, the rooms are clean and well-maintained and the staff are pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Hampton Inn Gainesville
Ramada Gainesville
#7 of 12 in Gainesville
Hampton Inn & Suites Flowery Branch
Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville? Share your experiences!