“Business stay for Board Meeting”

Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Gainesville
Macon, Georgia
“Business stay for Board Meeting”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Enjoyed the Hilton Garden Inn and the rooms are very nice. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet which had good food and service. The automatic doors at the entrance were helpful. They need to get better carts for guest to use to bring their luggage from their car to their rooms. Over all a very good stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
nashville
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Spent three nights last weekend for a family wedding. We had a large block of rooms and the staff were very interested in not only our comfort but in our family. The rooms were exceptionally clean.The breakfast was delicious and their staff, very attentive.
The hotel is close to many restaurants and other conveniences. The bathroom doors are most awkward however; they swing open toward the hallway door. Very awkward.
There is a sign at the front desk about Sleep Number beds; however, nothing to indicate the same once you get to your room. While the adjustments to the mattresses would have been nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 8, 2013

... the walls are as thin as card board.

The hotel is everything you would expect, clean, the staff are very polite and attend to your every need. The room was clean and looked new and exactly what you would expect from the chain.

Here is the exception... we went to bed about 10.30 and I awoke in the dark with what I thought were voices from the bathroom, I got up and was prepared to smash however it was over the head with a laptop, only there was nobody there, if fact is was the people in the next room talking, not even loud, I went back to bed and was awoken up again same thing... this time they were louder, I knocked on the door and asked if they could keep it down, they were young guys and actually pretty good and kept their voices down but still I could hear everything they were saying.

The next night I'm not sure if it was the same people but they were getting rowdy and it was gone 12 so I knocked again and they did not answer, I had to call reception and they called them, they kept it down but I had two bad night’s sleep.

I have never been in a hotel room that was so badly sound proofed, I would not go back there for this reason and it’s a shame because the rest of the hotel is perfect.

Room Tip: Take ear plugs...seriously!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mentone, Alabama
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Very close to parks, shopping and restaurants. Front desk staff were wonderful. Stayed four days on business and will certainly stay here again. Nice price too. I really enjoyed the great fitness equipment and the indoor/outdoor pool was really nice. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Other than being 4 miles from freeway..we had no issues! Close to many main roads. Clean.Great breakfast...great rate! Nice pool and workout room. We don't usually stay at Hilton but definitely would again.

• Stayed April 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Overall the hotel is nice I can say it the best for that area. The front desk staff can use some education on hospitality. Upon arrival we lacked the warm greeting I am accustomed too by most Hilton front desk members. My mother had a problem with the some adolescents (they were with a sports organization) and I ask that the manager on duty to please speak with coaches. He told me he that he would not be able to do that which was appalling to me. I contacted corporate office and they advice me they would have the GM to contact me and gave me a file number. I never heard from the GM. I have no real complaints about the facility. The rooms are very clean with basic decor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I am sorry about your familiy's experience at our hotel. I can assure you that it is not typical to find someone at our hotel who isn't helpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your patronage.

The church group who was here did acknowledge that some of the children were less than well behaved. This was brought to the attention of their chaperones as soon as we were able to get in contact with them. We sincerely regret any issues that occurred prior to our knowledge of them.

We appreciate your taking the time to let us know about these issues. We hope that if you are in the Gainesville area again you will give us another opportunity to earn your trust.

Richard
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nothing extraordinary and what you expect for a mid grade Hilton product. Hotel is close to restaurants and shopping mall which is a plus. Otherwise nothing special. Lobby is nice and staff friendly enough. The room had an excessive level of deodorizer which required me to turn on the AC to bring some air into the room because the windows don't open. With limited upscale choices for the area I'd stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your response. We certainly appreciate your time and want you to know that your comments help us as we strive to provide a better guest experience.

We hope that we can be of service once again in the near future.

Richard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Hampton Inn Gainesville
Ramada Gainesville
#7 of 13 in Gainesville
BEST WESTERN PLUS Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Flowery Branch

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville? Share your experiences!