“I really liked this hotel. Clean and nice.”

Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Gainesville
Mentone, Alabama
“I really liked this hotel. Clean and nice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Very close to parks, shopping and restaurants. Front desk staff were wonderful. Stayed four days on business and will certainly stay here again. Nice price too. I really enjoyed the great fitness equipment and the indoor/outdoor pool was really nice. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Other than being 4 miles from freeway..we had no issues! Close to many main roads. Clean.Great breakfast...great rate! Nice pool and workout room. We don't usually stay at Hilton but definitely would again.

• Stayed April 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Overall the hotel is nice I can say it the best for that area. The front desk staff can use some education on hospitality. Upon arrival we lacked the warm greeting I am accustomed too by most Hilton front desk members. My mother had a problem with the some adolescents (they were with a sports organization) and I ask that the manager on duty to please speak with coaches. He told me he that he would not be able to do that which was appalling to me. I contacted corporate office and they advice me they would have the GM to contact me and gave me a file number. I never heard from the GM. I have no real complaints about the facility. The rooms are very clean with basic decor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I am sorry about your familiy's experience at our hotel. I can assure you that it is not typical to find someone at our hotel who isn't helpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your patronage.

The church group who was here did acknowledge that some of the children were less than well behaved. This was brought to the attention of their chaperones as soon as we were able to get in contact with them. We sincerely regret any issues that occurred prior to our knowledge of them.

We appreciate your taking the time to let us know about these issues. We hope that if you are in the Gainesville area again you will give us another opportunity to earn your trust.

Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nothing extraordinary and what you expect for a mid grade Hilton product. Hotel is close to restaurants and shopping mall which is a plus. Otherwise nothing special. Lobby is nice and staff friendly enough. The room had an excessive level of deodorizer which required me to turn on the AC to bring some air into the room because the windows don't open. With limited upscale choices for the area I'd stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your response. We certainly appreciate your time and want you to know that your comments help us as we strive to provide a better guest experience.

We hope that we can be of service once again in the near future.

Flat Rock, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

The night staff when we arrived was pretty mediocre nothing exceptional. Mostly just takin care of business. The rooms and common areas were very clean. Free warm cookies at the front desk will always put a smile on your face. We all, especially the kids, enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool. The whirlpool was HOT and BUBBLY, which was great, but unfortunately you can only fit 2 people in it comfortably. Even then it is probably a good idea that you are already aquainted with the person your hottubbing with as it is quite an intimtate experience. The bed was probably the worst I have slept on in years. It was similar to some type of memory foam on top of coils. It needs to be replaced as my wife and I ended up rolling to the center of the bed multiple times during the night. I also ended up with a crik in my neck which is not good right before a 3 hour drive. Lots of good food within walking distance.

Room Tip: Room 320 mattresses need replacing
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Richard L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We are glad you were able to enjoy our service (and the cookies as well!) We are sorry to hear you were uncomfortable in our bedding and will keep this in mind as we look towards future improvements to our guest experience.. We sincerely hope if you travels bring you back to Gainesville you will again give us an opportunity to be of service.

Regards,

N.Ga.Mountains
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel when we had an overnight trip to Gainesville. I cannot say enough good about this place. From the moment we stepped into the lobby until we checked out the next day we were treated beyond our expectations. We will stay here whenever we travel to Gainesville from now on.

The front desk stay were fantastic - the front desk manager, Chad Grant, is so funny and runs a great staff - we felt like he was an old friend by the time we left! My husband loved the cookies at the front desk (I think we ate them out of the white chocolate ones - oops!)

Our room was very spacious and super clean. I loved the products in the bathroom (they were from bath & body works)! If I had any complaint it was the beds - but it was my own fault for not reading the directions closely on how to adjust the firmness. They are memory foam but there is an adjustable air pocket in the middle that can adjust the firmness. Just a tip - you have to adjust it - get off the bed for the air to fill back up - then get back on and see how it works. In the process of trying to adjust it - my side ended up on the super soft setting and it about killed my back.

The breakfast in the morning was amazing! Get the pancakes or french toast - you won't regret it. It is not included in your room rate unless you get a package, but it is well worth the money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words. Our staff is certainly pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are sorry that we did not make you aware of the Garden sleep System bed. They are adjsutable and usually provide an excellent night's rest.

We hope we can be of service again in the near future.

Regards,

Gastonia, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Great stay - we have stayed at this hotel each time we travel to Gainsville and it's a GREAT place to stay. Safe, Clean, friendly. The hotel staff is always friendly and willing to help with questions, directions, suggestions. The rooms are very comfortable and always clean. The check out process is super easy. Also the ammentities (pool, workout room, business center) are always kept in tip top condition. We highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

Room Tip: all of the rooms are great!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and look forward to being of service again in the near future.

Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
Hampton Inn Gainesville
Ramada Gainesville
#7 of 13 in Gainesville
BEST WESTERN PLUS Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Flowery Branch

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville? Share your experiences!