“NASTY CARPET, HAIRS IN MY BED, STAINED BEDSPREAD AND EMPLOYEE AFRAID TO GO OUTSIDE AT NIGHT,”

Days Inn and Suites Fort Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fort Valley
Reviewed June 2, 2013

this was the worst places i have stayed in many years....at first, when we arrived the door was locked and we had to ring a door bell...then a man came out in night clothes...he had been sleeping...then the next night we got in around midnight and our room had not been serviced and not even clean towels were left...so i had to call the service desk and the girl that answered said it was too dangerous for her to bring us towels...i was pissed because no one there had warned us of the danger in the area...so i had to go to the front to get the towels and again the door was locked and now this girl was in her pj's and said that she lived there with her little daughter and that was part of the reason she couldn't bring the towels....and now to cleanliness...my daughter got her shower and the in the time it took me to get my shower...her feet were black from the nasty carpet...DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL....oh and also...there is a bus assembly yard behind the hotel that is open all night and all we kept hearing was the beeping on the fork lift....beep beep beep....what a nightmare!!!!!!! AND NO SMOKE DETECTER AND NASTY STAINED THIN TOWELS...

Room Tip: I do not recommend any of their rooms...stay back at I-75!!! it is only a 10 minute drive....
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Days Inn and Suites Fort Valley

Reviewed May 28, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Cindy L
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The room wasn't horrible but it had a musty smell and I didn't trust those bed sheets AT ALL. The real problem occurred when I received my credit card statement three weeks later showing I was double charged......
I called the hotel for nearly 20 minutes and got no answer. I called the 1-800 number and was told someone would follow up within 7 days. After hearing nothing from anyone I finally disputed the charge with the credit card company and then later received a call from the hotel office.

Let's just say it went even further downhill.....I was asked which charge was the correct one on my statement and then told "and please be honest". Not to mention I was advised it was MY responsiblity to tell them I'd prepaid for the room online when I checked in. You mean to tell me your computers don't have that information already? What's the point of paying online then? Although the representtative was more than monotone....she wasn't necessarily rude, but a lesson in customer service is still needed. You don't ask a customer to "Be honest" when the error was made by your establishment. You also don't tell a customer what they could, should, and would have needed to do in order to prevent the error. You simply fix it and move on. I blame the corporate office even more for not even following up with me. Seeing as how this is one of only two hotels in Fort Valley, I'm now going to be the couch guest of my friend's home whenever I come to town.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Tee A, Manager at Days Inn and Suites Fort Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Reviewed May 6, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mari S

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was the worst hotel experience ever. I will never stay @ this hotel again. I called prior to this visit to let the management know my expectations of the rooms. It was old decor. Chipping paint on walls, lamp shades old an falling apart, and I hole under the door. I was able to see the outside. Management would not give me another room. Further explained she will bring me a towel. Smoke scented pillows caused me to drive 7 miles to next town @ 12 am. Made management aware that I did not stay no refund given. No breakfast either. Did not tell about no breakfast until my card was ran for payment .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#11 of 24 in Perry
La Quinta Inn & Suites Warner Robins - Robins AFB

Been to Days Inn and Suites Fort Valley? Share your experiences!