“Good place to rest”

Lane Southern Orchards
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Since 1908, Lane Southern Orchards has planted, grown and harvested the best tasting peaches and pecans in Georgia. The farm includes 3,000 acres of peach orchards, 3,000 acres of pecan groves, and a 6 acre strawberry patch. Traveling through Middle Georgia? We're just five minutes off I-75 at Exit 142. Visit our roadside market, cafe and orchards. Try homemade favorites like peach ice cream and home-style cooking. Then grab a rocking chair for a relaxing break served up with genuine southern hospitality. Seasons: Strawberries: April-May Peaches: mid-May-August Farm Tours: June & July Blackberries & Blueberries: June & July Scuppernongs & Muscadines: July & August Corn Maze: October Pecans: Year Round Citrus: November-May
Dayton, Ohio
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Good place to rest”
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Peach cobbler was warm and good, but didn't meet my expectations. Peach ice cream said homemade, but came from a soft serve machine. Bonus: it smelled like heaven when I walked in because they were roasting cinnamon pecans.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Delicious!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stopped in for some peach ice cream - and it was delicious. They have an amazing gift shop where they sell all sorts of things. Very clean, very nice. Not expensive. There is also a playground outside for the kids. Great place to stop and stretch your legs on a road trip.

Visited November 2012
ALBANY,GA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“great place to visit”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We went there for some Savannah Cinnamon mix and they have everything and anything to do with peaches. They have lots of samples to try of peaches and other things like nuts as well as dips.
There is a full service restaurant. We didn't eat there because we had other dinner plans but it looked really good. Give this place a try. You won't be disappointed.

Visited September 2012
Estero, FL
171 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 173 helpful votes
“Again a great meal”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We once again visited Lane Southern Orchards on our way north. I ordered the fish and chips and the fish was cooked perfectly. The service is very friendly and you must stay to have some peach ice cream that is homemade. It is a great way to end your visit (of course after you do shop around their large store).
There can be times of some longer lines but we arrived around 11:30 am on a Friday and walked right up to place our order.
Once you place your order you can find a seat and they will call your number.
They also offer a buffet that looks pretty good, though I have not tried it on any of my visits yet.

Visited July 2012
Atlanta
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Fresh peaches, but pricey souvenirs”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Family traveled to south GA with my in-laws to buy peaches fresh off the trees. The peaches were wonderful, just the kind I love -- the flesh comes right off the pit (also called the "stone"). All the peaches are picked for you; you do not pick them yourself off the tree. I loved looking around the store at all the novelty items, but I thought the prices were a little too expensive. I have to say that they generously offer a sampling station of almost everything they sell, and everything I tried was delicious!

We tried the peach ice cream in the cafe, but none of us were too impressed. Later, my MIL made homemade peach ice cream at home (using the peaches she bought at Lane) that was MUCH better! I think Lane used too much nutmeg, but maybe that's just me.

Although the food samples are free, the wine sampling costs $5.00. I passed on the wine sampling, even though the wines sounded good (including several peach varieties).

My children enjoyed playing on the cute playground outside, and we took some great pictures of them on the tractors on view. Unfortunately, the peach production tour was not running during out visit.

Overall, nice day trip for the family, but the best part was the main attraction for us: fresh peaches!

Visited July 2012