All reviews large cabin pots and pans coffee filters family weekend military id rv sites clorox wipes dish soap boat rentals toilet paper beautiful campground blow dryer large sites basic training graduation great place to stay minute drive ft benning graduation
Reviewed February 11, 2007

was worth every penny and well worth the trip. cabins are beautiful and all equipped with everything you need. people very friendly and helpful and even the deer that roam on the property are very friendly and will stand to get their pictures taken. was the best place i have ever stayed and if you are going to a graduation or going to ft benning this is the closest place to stay minutes to the base maybe 5 at most. also the cheapest place to stay for miles of ft benning. would highly recommend this place to anyone traveling to ft benning georgia.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
9  Thank marylandarmymom1017
Reviewed October 31, 2006

We stayed at a chalet, it was a wonderful experience. Our son was graduating from basic training and it was a great place for us to stay and for him to visit while he was allowed. My other kids loved it too. If it wasn't so far for us to visit we would definately go back. I think anyone going to Ft. Benning for graduation and family day would enjoy this place.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
11  Thank purplemd
Reviewed August 15, 2006

My son was recently stationed at Ft. Benning, for Basic Training, in the Army National Guard. We hadn't seen him in 9 weeks. We tried to find some kind of campground, in or around Ft Benning. We came across Uchee Creek Army Campground and Marina on the internet. There was no phone number or any other way to book a campsite, although there were several reviews on the place. We decided that we would go down early in the week, even though graduation wasn't until Friday. We found the place easy enough, it was a very nice campground, kind of out of the way. They had tent sites, RV sites, two small primitive log cabins (for 2 people), and 40 log cabins, with air, ranging from small to extra large(chalets), sleeping from 2-8 people. The cabins and other sites were all reasonably priced. I think we paid $12 a night for a tent site. They have a nice little store, for all your needs. You can rent boats and pontoons or bring your own, as it is located on a nice little lake and the Chattahoochee River.There is a nice swimming pool and spa, with lifeguard, for the campers. The campground is part of Ft Benning, although it is located outside of the base itself. It's located between the Main Post and the jumpsite for the paratroopers. Everyone was very friendly and helpful (southern hospitality), including the other campers. Although we were there for my son's graduation from bootcamp, it is open to the public. We have been to many campgrounds around the U.S. and this is one of the nicest I've been to. My son goes back to Ft Benning next June to finish his training and I plan on staying at Uchee Creek again. I would recommend this campground to any and all that was planning on going to western Georgia or eastern Alabama(it is located right on the state line).

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
25  Thank mamalove
Reviewed June 24, 2006

We stayed in a chalet at the Uchee Creek Army Campground and Marina on June 21st and June 22nd. This place exceeded our expectations! It was like a home away from home. I would recommend it to everybody going to functions at Fort Benning, as you will not find a better place to stay in the area. We saw deer in the woods and there was even an alligator in the area. The central heat and air was a very welcome addition to an awesome place to stay. We had everything we needed. The beds were very comfortable and clean. The chalet was very spacious and we loved the entire interior, everything was made of wood. The loft was spacious and held two sets of bunk beds. There were two bedrooms downstairs with double beds in each one. There was also an extra container of towels, washcloths, etc. We did not want nor need anything more. I would recommend it to everybody, but you have to book it in advance as it fills up rapidly. The staff at the Country Store where we had to check in were very helpful and the gentleman offered us maps and advice on the area before we even had a chance to ask for them. We had such a great time that the only thing I could wish to be different was that we would have had more time to stay there.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
20  Thank zachwardsmom
Reviewed April 10, 2006

this is my second home , my family has had their family reunion here for 37years we rent 22 cabins each year . there is no place better!!!!

• Stayed: March 2006