All reviewslarge cabinbunk bedspots and panscoffee filtersfamily weekendmilitary idrv sitesclorox wipespot holdersdish soapboat rentalstoilet paperbeautiful campgroundblow dryerlarge sitesbasic training graduationgreat place to stay
Reviewed February 26, 2008

I agree with everything said on the review of February 2008.

We stayed December 9-13, 2007 in a Large Cabin. We arrived just before midnight and it was a little confusing to find where the mobile home was to check-in, so it would be better coming in the daylight hours. We had a large cabin backing onto the Chatahooche River. The moss trees (like spaghnum moss) reminded me of some scary movie, but it was really beautiful in the daylight hours.

It was fun driving around at night or just before dusk to see the lights on the communication and water towers. We thought we were seeing a UFO (See picture)

We picked up some food at Wal-mart on the 10th in Columbus.(The roads in Columbus were a little confusing to find which direction to go, but we eventually made it.

The cabin was clean and just right for our small group and we were able to find where my son's Basic Training graduation was. I loved Fort Benning and its history. We were able to see the beautiful historic buildings in the Fort's center area. We were told by the Fort Chaplain that there is a building on the fort that holds a World Record for having the longest continuous roof or porch. We drove over and saw it and it was a "feel good" moment. Everyone at Fort Benning was very friendly and informative.

The wooded areas were wonderful and beautiful. I found the Georgia asphalt very intriguing as it really sparkles all over Georgia (see picture).

It is best to get your access pass for Fort Benning the day prior to any graduation ceremonies and remember to ask for a pass for your entire stay.

I thoroughly enjoyed the accommodations and it was a wonderful way to enjoy an exciting family event. It seemed more like a vacation than it would spending the time in a regular hotel.

Everyone in our group thoroughly enjoyed the woodland setting and cozy and family friendly accommodations.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
8  Thank footsilly
Reviewed February 3, 2008

This campground is outside Fort Benning base. I stayed in the large Chalet, they have several places to choice from to stay. The Chalet was incredible. Two bedrooms down stairs, one bathroom, a large living room kitchen area and a loft with two bunk beds. Very roomy ,clean and excellent condition. I was very impressed. Only caution is if you can get there in daylight do so. It is marked fairly well to get there from base. If arrive after 5:00 p.m. the country store will be closed but do go up to the door and it will tell you where to go. Well it will tell you which trailer to go to. Just get back on road came in and do not go back same way you came in go same direction you were going to country store and right after there will be a gate. The # to open the gate is right there in plain view and then just look for the # that is shown on the door of the country store and someone will be there to give you your key at one of the trailers. Do not stay on Victory Drive. My brother and his family stayed at Days Inn on Victory Drive. I will just say don't stay in that area it is not very ruputable. We could see the paratroopers right from the porch in the back. See attached pictures.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
17  Thank Auntiesandee
Reviewed March 5, 2007

We stayed at the Uchee Creek cabins before and after my husbands deployment. We had a great time! The cabins are cute and have all the linens and pots & pans you need. We had campfires, took walks in the woods, and the kids played in their playground. If we ever find ourselves at Ft. benning again this is where we'd stay.

Stayed: February 2007
10  Thank MauraAnn
Reviewed February 11, 2007

was worth every penny and well worth the trip. cabins are beautiful and all equipped with everything you need. people very friendly and helpful and even the deer that roam on the property are very friendly and will stand to get their pictures taken. was the best place i have ever stayed and if you are going to a graduation or going to ft benning this is the closest place to stay minutes to the base maybe 5 at most. also the cheapest place to stay for miles of ft benning. would highly recommend this place to anyone traveling to ft benning georgia.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
9  Thank marylandarmymom1017
Reviewed October 31, 2006

We stayed at a chalet, it was a wonderful experience. Our son was graduating from basic training and it was a great place for us to stay and for him to visit while he was allowed. My other kids loved it too. If it wasn't so far for us to visit we would definately go back. I think anyone going to Ft. Benning for graduation and family day would enjoy this place.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family