“Great place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Benning
Uchee Creek Army Campground and Marina
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

We have stayed at Uchee for both Turning Blue and Graduation weekend, and for Airborne Jump Week. I prefer the chalets. It was a perfect location especially for Jump Week as the drop zone is just down the road. Definitely suggest staying here especially if you want to eat in. Otherwise, it's about a half hour's drive to good restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank mhackimer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We just got back from my son's graduation at Fort Benning. We stayed in one of the chalets and had 8 people. It was a little tight, but we all get along, so it was great. If you had difficult personalities in your party, this might not work for you. We only paid $95 a night for the cabin. Cheaper than decent hotel rooms were in town and without all the perks.

One person in your party needs a military ID to stay here or you have to bring a commander's letter if you are attending a graduation. I believe the commander's letter gives you full access to the facility, except you can only buy beer with a military ID.

My cousin was with us who has no experience with the military. She was impressed by the facility. There are places to fish and a very nice pool. It is a nice sized pool with a fountain and maintained well. Usually, we were the only ones in it. We also rented a kayak and a canoe for a day. We went out on the river a few times. My kids enjoyed it. You could also rent power boats, but we did not take advantage of this.

One of the plusses is it is secluded, but if you are cooking in the cabins, you need to bring all of your food with you. There is a camp store, but don't rely on it and the closest decent grocery is a ways away. Also, all the pans are aluminum. There is no teflon on any of them. The only issue I had was the oven did not have a good seal, so the temp was not as hot as it was supposed to be. I only cooked in it once and did not report it.

There was a military airfield near by and you hear aircraft going overhead during the day, but it was intermittent. I never heard them at night. Also, we have AT&T and had zero coverage here. Not sure if was caused by the airfield's electronics or not.

There was free basic wifi. There were a couple of times we could not log on, but it was satisfactory overall. If it was a work trip, it might have been a problem, but we were there to relax.

It was a great place to stay for my son's graduation. As the crow flies, we were only a couple of miles from main post. However, the drive was about 25-30 minutes to main post, because you have to drive up to cross the river and than back down. Once all of the festivities were over, we were able to chill out with him for the rest of the weekend and he could relax after 3 months of pushing himself and being pushed. The staff I dealt with were very friendly and helpful. It is a little difficult to reach them sometimes to make reservations, because there is no way to leave a message and sometimes there is no answer. Just keep trying. It's worth it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
11 Thank boconorm
North Pole, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

The grounds need a lot of work. I stayed here 2 years ago and not much has changed. The people at the front desk are not much help, even referred me to a web page to make reservations because only one woman was capable of doing it. After I explained the web page wasn't working after I called back she said well I can't help you.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Danihinkkanen
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at Uchee Creek August 22 - 25 and had a great time. This was Family Day weekend for us. Stayed in one of the small cabins. Cozy and rustic. It was clean and well maintained. Very easy to get to Benning events but if you have to go anywhere else you are out in the woods. We are staying again soon for AIT graduation. Highly recommend for Family Day event as there is so much to do as a family. Swimming, boating, fishing, and enjoying the outdoors. Deer on the campground daily! Few C141's flying over one day and the distant sound of the ranges. Which we actually enjoyed. Moving up to a larger chalet next trip, more people coming but the cabins fit nicely for our needs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Glenn R
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Hello,
I stayed July 29th through August 2nd. What a beautiful campground!! I think it is definately worth the money!! If you are staying here for any activities at Fort Benning, I do suggest giving yourself plenty of time to get around - you are definately out there when staying at this campground, but worth the little extra drive time.
I felt at times the staff were unprofessional, that being from the first time I called to make the reservation and throughout the whole process. They are very friendly and nice though!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank molbk1972
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

They are renovating and updating so we had a couple of hickups but great bang for your buck. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Variety of overnight options including tent and rv sites to cabins and chalets. Pool, playgrounds and boat rentals a bonus.

• Stayed August 2013
6 Thank directorfsm
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed in the Executive Chalet, and it was very nice it had 2 bathrooms which was nice with 4 of us staying there, I would definitely stay there again if I had a chance,. they provide most every thing except laundry detergent and coffee filters...there are grocery stores near the camp ground. and walmarts are la little further away I would stock up on all your food and drink do you don't have to run out to town, they don't let you check in till 3 so keep that in mind. of course base is near by... don't forget to get charcoal and you can get firewood at the camp store. We went thru base to get to all the ceremonies. and graduation it was faster....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Columbus/Near Fort Benning
Candlewood Suites Columbus Fort Benning
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus

Been to Uchee Creek Army Campground and Marina? Share your experiences!