All reviewslarge cabinpots and panscoffee filtersfamily weekendmilitary idrv sitesclorox wipesdish soapboat rentalstoilet paperbeautiful campgroundblow dryerlarge sitesbasic training graduationgreat place to stayminute driveft benning graduation
Reviewed February 3, 2008

This campground is outside Fort Benning base. I stayed in the large Chalet, they have several places to choice from to stay. The Chalet was incredible. Two bedrooms down stairs, one bathroom, a large living room kitchen area and a loft with two bunk beds. Very roomy ,clean and excellent condition. I was very impressed. Only caution is if you can get there in daylight do so. It is marked fairly well to get there from base. If arrive after 5:00 p.m. the country store will be closed but do go up to the door and it will tell you where to go. Well it will tell you which trailer to go to. Just get back on road came in and do not go back same way you came in go same direction you were going to country store and right after there will be a gate. The # to open the gate is right there in plain view and then just look for the # that is shown on the door of the country store and someone will be there to give you your key at one of the trailers. Do not stay on Victory Drive. My brother and his family stayed at Days Inn on Victory Drive. I will just say don't stay in that area it is not very ruputable. We could see the paratroopers right from the porch in the back. See attached pictures.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
17  Thank Auntiesandee
Reviewed March 5, 2007

We stayed at the Uchee Creek cabins before and after my husbands deployment. We had a great time! The cabins are cute and have all the linens and pots & pans you need. We had campfires, took walks in the woods, and the kids played in their playground. If we ever find ourselves at Ft. benning again this is where we'd stay.

Stayed: February 2007
10  Thank MauraAnn
Reviewed February 11, 2007

was worth every penny and well worth the trip. cabins are beautiful and all equipped with everything you need. people very friendly and helpful and even the deer that roam on the property are very friendly and will stand to get their pictures taken. was the best place i have ever stayed and if you are going to a graduation or going to ft benning this is the closest place to stay minutes to the base maybe 5 at most. also the cheapest place to stay for miles of ft benning. would highly recommend this place to anyone traveling to ft benning georgia.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
9  Thank marylandarmymom1017
Reviewed October 31, 2006

We stayed at a chalet, it was a wonderful experience. Our son was graduating from basic training and it was a great place for us to stay and for him to visit while he was allowed. My other kids loved it too. If it wasn't so far for us to visit we would definately go back. I think anyone going to Ft. Benning for graduation and family day would enjoy this place.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
11  Thank purplemd
Reviewed August 15, 2006

My son was recently stationed at Ft. Benning, for Basic Training, in the Army National Guard. We hadn't seen him in 9 weeks. We tried to find some kind of campground, in or around Ft Benning. We came across Uchee Creek Army Campground and Marina on the internet. There was no phone number or any other way to book a campsite, although there were several reviews on the place. We decided that we would go down early in the week, even though graduation wasn't until Friday. We found the place easy enough, it was a very nice campground, kind of out of the way. They had tent sites, RV sites, two small primitive log cabins (for 2 people), and 40 log cabins, with air, ranging from small to extra large(chalets), sleeping from 2-8 people. The cabins and other sites were all reasonably priced. I think we paid $12 a night for a tent site. They have a nice little store, for all your needs. You can rent boats and pontoons or bring your own, as it is located on a nice little lake and the Chattahoochee River.There is a nice swimming pool and spa, with lifeguard, for the campers. The campground is part of Ft Benning, although it is located outside of the base itself. It's located between the Main Post and the jumpsite for the paratroopers. Everyone was very friendly and helpful (southern hospitality), including the other campers. Although we were there for my son's graduation from bootcamp, it is open to the public. We have been to many campgrounds around the U.S. and this is one of the nicest I've been to. My son goes back to Ft Benning next June to finish his training and I plan on staying at Uchee Creek again. I would recommend this campground to any and all that was planning on going to western Georgia or eastern Alabama(it is located right on the state line).

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple