“Needs a face lift!”

Holiday Inn Express Forsyth
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Forsyth
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express on our trip from Michigan to Florida. The woman at the front desk was a sweetheart, but that's about the nicest thing I can say about the place. Had we had the energy to keep driving, we would have moved on. The hotel is in an almost vacant strip mall, has a lobby that is desperate need of a face lift and the whole main level had a musty, muggy smell. We were on the third floor and the air conditioning barely worked. It would turn on intermittently and when it did, the air it produced was lukewarm. Our sink was backed up, which required maintenance to fix (and they did quickly) and the overall look of the room was very outdated. Everything was clean, it just looked old and warn. The continental breakfast was bare bones and poorly laid out. There was a line to get to the coffee and it was tucked into the corner next to the door for the service people to come in and out of, so you had to constantly scoot out of the way and in the meantime worry about not bumping into the person next to you trying to get juice. It served it's purpose for us to get a little rest before the final push to Walt Disney World, but I would not return unless it is remodeled.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 2, 2010

My expectations were not very high, and having to drive though the Ramada's parking lot to get to the hotel didn't exactly raise the bar. The friendliness of the man of the front desk helped considerably but the hallways were a bit warm and stuffy, which made us rather pessimistic as we approached our room, but what a pleasant surprise when we opened the door! While not a large room, it was clean cool and fresh. The hotel was over all very clean and clean, comfortable,and quiet. The staff was more than friendly, and went the extra mile even in something as simple a greeting. We were traveling with a small dog and it was very pet friendly. My expectations were far exceeded. This was the first time we have stayed at this hotel but we do drive between south Florida and Minnesota a couple of times a year and we will definitely make this one of our regular stops. As a side note, if you stay in Forsyth and are looking for a great place to eat, we cannot recommend Jonah's Bistro and Bakery enough. The food was great and when the owner, Jonah, came around to see how everything was, found out we were celebrating a birthday, he insisted on buying us a dessert. Next time through, we will be eating at Jonah's.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2010

Stayed at this hotel on the way to Florida from Michigan. First impressions are good. The hotel staff are friendly and I typically like Holiday inn express hotels. After taking the elevator to the second floor we where hit with a hot musty hallway. They did have a fan blowing. The room was a comfortable temperature but smelled so strongly of mildew that my 4 year old said, "this hotel smells horrible." I would have opened the window if I could. The hotel was booked so I couldn't request another room (hoping it was just a bad room). The bathroom was slightly clean---some dust, a few hairs, and that awful musty mildew smell--nothing too nasty, but I wish I had flip flops to wear in the shower. The bathroom was also very small. Moving out into the room it seemed much cleaner especially with the bathroom door closed. We got used to the smell and could sleep ok. The beds were small like the room, but clean and soft. There was tv and wi-fi which worked fine. I didn't check out the fitness room. We would have used the pool but it was outdoor and not well lit. Breakfast was typical continental breakfast. I would expect this hotel to cost about 60-70 dollars, but we payed over 100. I canceled my reservations for the return trip, and will not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2010

First off, this hotel is in a great spot. Right off the expressway, 1 minute from a Waffle House and it's tucked away so it's pretty quiet. The staff overall are VERY friendly and happy to welcome you! The beds are very comfortable and provide great sleep! The morning breakfast was hot, fresh, and tastey. The problems I have with this place are a couple though. 1st, this hotel has the smallest rooms of any Holiday Inn Express I've stayed at to date. The beds were very small, the bathroom was dirty and in need of maintanence, and the room in general was cramped. The bathroom's towel rack fell off the wall when I walked into the room, there was hair in the tub, and the toilet lid was not clean to my satisfaction. As for the room, they had way to much furniture in a small area... could barely walk around the room with luggage and the furniture closet they provided wasn't worth the space it took up. However, they did try to be creative somewhat and provided the rooms with laptop trays so you could sit on the bed and work on your stuff (the desk was so small, it was more like a nightstand with oversize chairs :P Overall if your looking for a place just to sleep, shower, snack and go this is your place. If you plan on spending a considerable amount of time here... well I'd recommend you pack light or consider the Holiday Inn Hotel about 10 miles(north) up the interstate. I wasn't satisfied that for the $99 I paid that this room justified the price.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 1, 2010

We stayed here on our way to Jacksonville FL due to a Mayo clinic visit. When we checked in it was late and we paid $100 for two beds. The bathroom had pubic hair on the bathroom floor and sink counter. We would not walk aroung barefoot on the floor. The staff was very polite and great. I just cant stand a dirty bathroom and that was what we had. I would never sty here again especially for the price we paid. For $100 i expect a clean bathroom but we did not even get that. It was discusting. The bed was comfortable but other than that I would never stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jaxw107
Reviewed February 16, 2010

My company is transferring me to a project in Juliette, Georgia and we traveled to Jackson as a central place to look for housing. We don't normally travel with our 2 small dogs but know they enjoy 'car rides' and since this was only an overnight trip, we took them with us. We found the Holiday Inn Express here on TA and other sites which listed it as 'pet friendly', which it is. Check in was easy (the previously named 'surly lady' at the register was easily won over with a smile!!), I was given the room location I asked for (I need easy access for smoking outdoors) and the room was quite comfortable. Nice comfy bed, good sized room, quiet and I was impressed that although it is offered as 'pet friendly', I did not detect the odor of previous pets. Sometimes 'pet friendly' means the rooms smell like pets had stayed there. This one did not. Only minor complaints would be the thin linens in the bathroom and next time, I will ask to have a room not so close to the elevator so we don't have to hear it 'ding ding' every time it arrived on our floor. It wasn't obnoxious because I slept like a rock all night!

The nightly rate seemed reasonable and they only charged $10 for pets - I had thought it would be per pet, but it turned out it was only $10 for both.

If I needed to stay overnight in the area, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank SCaton
Reviewed January 22, 2010

On check-in, I was "greeted" by a rather surly lady. Our room was clean and nice, but I started a bad migraine as soon as we got to the hotel. We spent the night listening to the elevator bell and the sound of suitcases being dragged over a stone floor outside our door. Made the dog growl and bark. MISERY! At check-out, the clerk was rather snarky when I commented on the noisy night we had spent. Her comment? "Oh, yeah, those are kind of bad rooms." Kind of annoying because we had made a reservation a week before we arrived. Regarding my migraine headache, I later learned that ALL Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn hotels have been upgraded. Along with new linens, all these hotels are REQUIRED to have an "fragrance disperser" in the lobby. That means chemically sensitive folks get blindsided with a chemical exposure when they walk in. Keep this in mind if you elect to stay at any of these hotels. In sum: room clean and noisy, desk clerks not so pleasant, and chemical lobby fragrances that give me a migraine....Like I said, "Not for me!"

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WITravelista27
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forsyth
La Quinta Inn & Suites Forsyth
Comfort Inn - Forsyth
Comfort Inn - Forsyth
#7 of 10 in Forsyth
Best Western Riverside Inn

Been to Holiday Inn Express Forsyth? Share your experiences!