“Traveling to Florida ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Forsyth
Louisville, Kentucky
“Traveling to Florida ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in room 131 and it was nice and convenient and on first floor. Easy check in and check out. Stayed only one night as just passing through to get to Florida and we always stay at holiday inn express hotels because of their conveniences and cleanliness.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Khartlauf@aol.com
Tom R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forsyth, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking your time to post your comments we appreciate it and look forward to having you back as our guest again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Stayed one night on the way to FL. No problems with reservation. Arrived at 9:30 PM our room was waiting. Check in was easy. Beds okay, pillows - your choice of firm or soft. Room was clean, plenty of towels. We were up 7:30 and still plenty for breakfast and it was fine.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good too. Staff was friendly and helpful. Only stayed one night , so didn't do much else. They suggested a local restaurant which we tried and enjoyed very much.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jerry S
Tom R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forsyth, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and post your comments about your stay . We value each of our guest comments and use that imformation to help us grow and become better for our guest.
Thank you again and look forward to hearing from you in the future.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Becky made my stay wonderful!, I drove that day 17 hours and I was so dead tired.. she was able to accommodate all my request and also took care off all our needs. It was worth the money, I was a loyal member of best western but lately their service and hotel line has decrease ten fold. while Holiday inn is in the same price range but always keep their standars!

THANK YOU BECKY !!!

( ALASKA Traveler)

Room Tip: make sure if you a driving thru atlanta to stay here and not in ATL that way you avoid the traffic
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lockoz
Tom R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forsyth, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking your time to post your comments about that stay. We greatly value our guest feedback and use them to help us improve where needed and keep doing those thing right that our guest like.
Again thank you and hope to see you again real soon.
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We decided to stay here for one night on our way home to South Florida fr the Smokies. Large, clean room. Comfortable beds w/ labeled pillows (firm, medium, soft)! Check-in &check-out was a breeze. Free breakfast was good enough for us as we weren't expecting a huge buffet anyway!

The fireplace w/ the Christmas decorations was a nice festive touch!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ani L
Thank you for staying with us and posting your comments about your stay. We like to hear what we did right and what we need to do better and your comments are greatly appreciated.
Again thank you and hope to see you again soon.
Marion, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to Miami. Check in went smoothly but the restaurant recommended by the booklet in our room was closed, despite the hours listed in the booklet saying it would be open. My husband and I were both awakened often in the night by the dinging of the elevator down the hall. To top it off, the bed was simply lumpy and uncomfortable. My husband had a sore shoulder for days after. We had planned to stop in the same hotel on our way back North but opted to find a different spot after our experience. It wasn't completely awful for one night. The staff was friendly and professional and everything was clean but it needed an update.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forsyth, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us and will use that information to help improve for our guest.Thank you for staying with us and and we will pass this
information along so we can correct these issues.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

If you make a reservation, make a specific request to be placed on the top floor in the corners or a room with no neighbors. If not... Prepare to listen to your neighbor's tv, conversation, and movements (for those who are heavy footed and without grace). This includes those across the hall. I stayed the week of September 29 through October 4 for training at Tift College. That week, my stay was awesome. Housekeeping was really sweet, as was front lobby personnel. My room was on the top floor at the end. I went home for the weekend and returned Sunday October 6 (yesterday) and will leave on Thursday. I'm now in the 4th room since my return. The first switch was due to not having a fridge or microwave (personal preference). I was so tired when I got into the second room, that I didn't notice the blood stain on the bed skirt until the next morning. The room was dusty and the door was really hard to open. I mean, I had to put some shoulder into the door, and force it open. I didn't want to complain until I found the blood stain. Ewww! The font desk immediately changed my room though, so no biggie. That night after returning from training, around 9pm, the neighbors from Hell arrived. I could hear the tvs on all 3 sides. After a failed attempt by the front desk to quiet things down, she moved me again. All is quiet now, but if someone reserves the rooms around me, it will be much the same. If you're looking for privacy and quiet, this place isn't for you. If your can sleep with noise, you'll be fine (I cannot). Overall, the hotel is clean. Some rooms appear to be problematic, but that could be due to housekeeping staff not paying attention to enough detail and maintenance not checking the working order of all doors and equipment. For the price, it's reasonable and a good place to stay. The staff is friendly and helpful. You also get a great breakfast each morning. The beds are not great, but I've slept on much worse. I would recommend one of their higher end rooms, not the standard. Maybe they are more comfortable and quiet. You can't beat the staff courtesy though. And this really beats other hotel options or staying in dorms at the college. Bring ear plugs and a plush mattress topper, and you'll be good.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mrsdoughman
Tom R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forsyth, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you staying with us and taking your time to let us know about your experience. I sincerely apologize for all the problems you occurred and have addressed them with the proper staff.
Thank you for your comments about the staff that's means a lot to them to know how the guest feels. We value each of our guest and try to learn and make the next guest experience better with that information.
Again thank you for your time and staying here with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forsyth
Comfort Suites - Forsyth
Comfort Inn - Forsyth
Comfort Inn - Forsyth
#7 of 10 in Forsyth
Homewood Suites by Hilton Macon - North

Been to Holiday Inn Express Forsyth? Share your experiences!