“Never again!”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Forsyth
Valdosta
“Never again!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The walls are very thin and I could hear the people above me use the bathroom. I also heard a man talking on his cell phone from the parking lot and my room was on the second floor. A dog was barking half the night in a room across the hall. The closest place to get a decent meal other than fast food was in Macon.

Room Tip: Stay in Macon instead of Forsyth. It's only 20 minutes away.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tom R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forsyth, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
First let me thank you for staying with us and taking your time to post your comments.
I was unhappy to hear you were not happy and really apologize for your experience
and will look into the sound problems and thank you again for letting us know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
uk
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Have stayed in a range of hotels this trip from the amazing Gaylord Opreyland to a small country motel and this was the most disappointiing. I expected it to be on a par with the La Quinta chain but it doesn't come anywhere close.
This hotel is badly in need of updating both in the rooms and the hallways. The furniture is old, and decor shabby.
The lobby smelt of smoke and the room smelt damp/musty. The air con is switched off if the room is vacant which is what contributes to the horrible smell I guess. I didn't rate it as poor because at least it was clean. There is a Ramada right next door. I have no idea whether that is any better, but it might be worth a shot if you want to stay in this area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Tom R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forsyth, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
I would like to thank you for staying with us and taking your time to post your comments about your stay.I was sorry to hear we did not deliver your exspectations. We have had more rain than usual that has helped contribute to mold smell this summer which we have been working on and thought we had under control. We do have a renovation coming up next year and will address some of the issues you feel need addressed. We do take our guest comments seriously and use them to help improve. Again thank you for staying with us.
Kentucky
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The room was clean but very small. In dire need of a makeover. Breakfast was below average. The milk in the skim milk pitcher was bad, but after informing the attendant, she refilled it with the same milk. When I told her it was sour, she got a plastic cup and took it back in the kitchen, returned and said "It doesn't taste bad to me." So much for cereal. The omelet was hard and had some kind of peppers in it. Bananas were overripe with brown spots. At least the cinnamon roll was good.

Room Tip: The fourth floor includes smoking rooms and the hallway smelled of smoke. You might want to avoid th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tom R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forsyth, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
I would like to first thank you for staying with us and posting your comments about your stay. We use those comments to help improve for our guest and make things better.I apologize for the breakfast experience and have spoken with the staff and have been assured those issues were addressed and will be monitored closely.
Again thank you for taking your time to post about your experience,and we hope you will give us
another try when in our area.
Brentwood, TN
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed here about 4 years ago and gave it a very good review. It seems that since then the rooms have not been well maintained. The hotel is showing it's age. Overall it is an ok hotel, and the rate is reasonable, but it really needs some TLC to bring it back up to an above average rating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tom R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forsyth, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
I would like to first of all thank you for staying with us and then taking your time to post your comments about your stay. We appreciate and value each of our guest comments. We do plan on a renovation in the next year to help improve for guest and do try to maintain the overall
condition to our guest satisfaction.
Again thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

With other HI Express locations I've been most pleased with fresh, new and clean rooms with excellent service. This hotel was clean but a bit worn, bedding the same, staff were a bit slow, breakfast was the usual high carb fare.

• Stayed July 2013
Tom R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forsyth, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments about your stay with us. We value each of our guest comments and use them to help us become better for our guest. We are working on some new improvements with refreshing and healthier choices on our breakfast bar. Also looking at new bedding and several other things for our guest room.
Again thank you for staying with us and posting your comments
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Hotel was very nice, certainly on par with what I expect from the Holiday Inn Express hotels I've encountered. It had a microwave and mini fridge and all the usual hotel amenities. The front desk clerk was even nice enough to offer some local flare restaurants for us to try out. I think the only thing I could say that was any sort of a detraction at all was that the room was on the smaller side, but certainly not the smallest ones I've seen. Still adequate for a young family of four, maybe not for older kids. Overall a great quiet stay!

Room Tip: Seemed like all the rooms would have been equally good.
1 Thank Dnedry
Tom R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forsyth, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to post your comments about your stay with us.
We appreciate that and value your comments and look forward to having you back as our guest soon.
CENTRAL FLORIDA
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Was traveling alone and was in need of rest on my way home. Always had decent luck with HIE on 75, found this one close to midnight . It was hard to find in the dark , but they had a room with a bed and that's all I was seeking . Miss Betsy was accommodating , was surprised they even offered smoking rooms ! I smoke, but not inside , hate the smell , so I opted for non. Room is clean( that's really all that matters) but its in need of a facelift for sure. Interior very old. Will do in a pinch. Very quiet! So I'm hoping to sleep well tonight. If you can be okay with very very very basic, you'll be fine with this place.

• Stayed July 2013
Tom R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Forsyth, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write your comments. We value each of our guest comments and use them to help us improve for our guest. We thank you for staying with us and will see that your comment is reviewed and addressed.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forsyth
La Quinta Inn & Suites Forsyth
Days Inn Forsyth
Days Inn Forsyth
#5 of 10 in Forsyth
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Macon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Forsyth? Share your experiences!