“Disgusting.”
Review of Days Inn Forsyth

Days Inn Forsyth
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Forsyth
Reviewed June 14, 2009

Just needed a place to sleep for a few hours on a road trip down to FL, decided to stop at the next exit and came to this place. Room was disgusting, it smelled, the bathroom appeared to have not been cleaned after the previous guest. TV remote didnt work. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed May 21, 2009

I have been staying at this hotel every trip we make up north. I have nothing but good things to say. Let me start with the staff...excellent and very friendly helpful front desk staff. Anything I need, they get it done for me. The pool is great! They have the salt water pool system that makes swimming great and the water softens my hair and skin. The rooms are good also, what do you want for a 2.5 star roadside motel? Its not going to be the Ritz. I found my room clean and everything was made up to a T. I felt very safe staying here, compaired to some hotels in the area. The parking lot is very well lit and also, met some law enforcement people that stay there and they stay there often themselves. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially for the value, friendliness and saftey that your getting by staying there.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2009

From the time I walked in the door I realized I had made a mistake. The sink fixtures were dirty and the toilet did not look like it had been cleaned since it was installed. The towel laying next to the sink had a long hair laying on it. I then went to turn on some lights in the living area and only one worked out of four. I also noticed the air conditioner was on but it was warm in the room. I turned it down but it never got cool. I called the front desk and someone eventually came up and cleaned the filters which were covered in thick dust. This did not help so I ended up sleeping in a hot room. I was suppose to stay the whole week but one night at this dump was all I could take. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank ugadawg720
Reviewed March 24, 2009

My husband stayed there and used our credit card and as of today, day of check out, they have added to our card 4 times. I finally got the first 3 taken care of after several attempts to speak with a manager, which has yet to happen. I had to call my bank and see what was going on and what to do. Today after my husband checked out there is another charge of over 40.00 and no one can tell me why. If anyone ever uses anything besides cash there they are nuts.
Never in my life of traveling have I ever had one hotel misuse my information to gain revenue for themselves.
I would strongly suggest that you stay far away from this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2008

I have used Hotwire many times, and always been pleased with the outcome. That satisfaction streak has come to an end!!! The room was dirty, run down, simply disgusting! I was mortified! At 8am, there was hammering in the room next door... yes, hammering. I guess the maintenance crew was working on the rooms adjacent to ours.

Every surface was disgusting. Since I was in Forsyth for a funeral, and I was running behind schedule, I didn't leave, but I certainly wanted to... But even strapped for time, I took a cloth, and some alcohol and wiped down every surface. I can't even begin to describe how grossed out I was. And if I thought it was bad then, imagine my disgrace when I pulled the comforter down. Let's just put it this way, after a long day of funeral visitation, my mother and I went to walmart and bought blankets (we always bring out own linens) because under the comforter (which always is taken off immediately, no matter where we stay), the 'clean' blanket underneath was dirty and ripped. It looked like someone had wiped their netherregions on this blanket.

It was terrible. If this has been a pleasure trip, I would have left and not worried about the money I had already paid hotwire. But it was a terrible trip (the death of my grandmother) and I simply couldn' t handle anymore than I already had to deal with.

I usually check trip advisor before making any hotel reservation, but since this was a funeral, I didn't get the chance to plan the way I usually would... I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER use Hotwire again. tripadvisor has never let me down and I regret not checking here first!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
DaysForsyth, General Manager at Days Inn Forsyth, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2012

We are very sorry to hear about the terrible experience the guests had at our location, especially considering the reason for their stay in Forsyth. Instead of wiping down all surfaces the guest should have informed the condition of their room to the front desk immediately, we would have changed rooms for the customer asap. As well as with the condition of the bed sheets. Given the circumstances of the guest's stay here we wish we had known of the putrid conditions of their room. Dealing with the loss of a loved one is never easy and it should not be even more stressful due to the condition of the room the guest stays in. We are extremely sorry that this guest lossed a love one and had a horrendous stay at our loaction on top of that. We hope that the guest will stay at our location again in the future if they ever find themseleves in Forsyth and give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and prove to them that we can do better.

Reviewed December 28, 2008

Absolutely 100% disgusting. From the sticky carpet to the mold laden bathrooms. The sheets had cigarette holes in them and the blanket consisted of a disintegrating sticky piece of foam. I am generally not picky and do not expect the Ritz Carlton and roadside motels. However, the best advise here is to STAY AWAY !!

Stayed: December 2008

I am sorry that the guest had a terrible experience at our hotel. With that being said, the guest should have informed us of the many problems they listed in their review. We absolutely do not allow rooms to be that dirty and wish that this guest had informed the front desk of the condition of their room. We take the health of our guests very seriously and wish that the guest would have at least informed the front desk of the "mold laden bathrooms..." Again I am very sorry that the guest had a horrible experience at our hotel.

Reviewed October 11, 2008

I was on my way back home to Florida after a long unexpected stay in Tennessee.My husband and i stopped there for the night and we were very dissapointed.Went to take a bath and there was hair all over the bathroom and a used razor under the mat in the tub.Then in the morning I went to make a pot of coffee and there was mold all in the coffee pot.I mean it was growing!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank t-and-ec

We are sorry that the guest had a horrible stay at our location. We wish that the guest would have informed us of their problems and allowed us to change the room for them. If they did inform the front desk and nothing was done I hope that I am able to find out the name(s) of the employees they spoke to about their problems with their room. Again I am very sorry about the bad experience and hope that in the future the guest will give us the opportunity to accommodate them and show them that we can do better.